Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hiya, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney, Australia but we have a swanky new office in London that has all the bells and whistles. Even though you'll find us in Shoreditch, you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're nearby) or at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
When you join our team in the UK, you'll also be joining forces with Flourish, who were acquired by us in 2022. Flourish enables everyone to change the way they tell stories with data by creating rich, animated data visualizations and other interactive content that can be embedded anywhere - including in Canva!
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
About the Global Communications Group at Canva and the role
As part of the Global Communications function, our International Communications team is responsible for establishing and scaling truly local communications programs in every corner of the globe. We build and lead communications strategies with the goal of positioning Canva as one of the most innovative companies in the world while showcasing the ways we’re empowering millions of people to unlock their creativity and achieve their goals.
Our work takes many forms and no two days are ever the same. Your work will reach diverse audiences including journalists, consumers, analysts, and partners. From managing local agencies to crafting large-scale consumer campaigns, you'll be tasked with localising our corporate strategies at a regional level. Through your role, you'll be responsible for driving awareness, adoption, and understanding of Canva in key markets across the European and Latin American region.
What you’ll do
- Play a key role in supporting our international expansion and overall communications strategy as we broaden our program to support priority growth markets.
- Responsible for bringing a local and creative lens while anchoring messaging and execution to our global strategy.
- Focus on our communications program in the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Spain, Mexico, and Brazil.
- Ensuring a regular drumbeat of communications activity with the goal of driving awareness, adoption, and understanding of Canva in key markets across the European and Latin American region.
What we're looking for
- Extensive experience leading communications programs across the European and Latin American region, with experience across both corporate and consumer communications.
- Ability to work autonomously while prioritising multiple deadlines and managing various stakeholders, including agency partners across the region.
- A consistent track record of managing agency partners in multiple markets, as well as a deep understanding of the nuances and cultural intricacies of the EU & LATAM regions.
- Demonstrated experience influencing stakeholders and adapting global communications strategies to resonate with local markets.
- Experience in public policy and crisis communication would be helpful; though this is not a requirement.
- Most importantly, we’re looking for someone who can nurture and evangelise our values and culture –– alignment to these values, as well as a genuine curiosity about our mission and vision, is crucial for this role.
Being a Force for good. One of our core values at Canva, “Being a force for good” means we are actively working towards a world that isn't just good for a small few, but one that’s good for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together a diversity of thoughts, perspectives, and expression is key to building the best product for our equally diverse community. To achieve this, we need to constantly work towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone.
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.