Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 110+ million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,400 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
About the group/team
At Canva, we’re all constantly striving towards our Crazy Big Goals! Since growing to a worldwide team of over 3,500 we need to ensure we’re working as effectively and efficiently as possible, which is where our Operational Business Partners come in. This role will be aligned to the Data Supergroup and you will be working to build solid operational excellence and embed this in everything we do - steering Canva towards growth and success for years to come!
The Data Supergroup is foundational to how Canva teams delight our users and grow our business in order to maintain our market-leading position. The high-performance team behind Data Supergroup are passionate about building data products and platform services that all Canva teams use to effortlessly make smart decisions to improve the user experience. We have an ambitious vision to help all Canva teams and specialties to deliver value to their users faster and grow more confidently by taking our platforms to the next level.
*Please note we currently also have a number of roles available outside of the Data group which you may be considered for, and which the hiring team will take you through should you progress to interview stage.
About the role/specialty
The mission of the Operational Business Partner is to support Supergroup leadership, coordinate special projects and drive them to unilateral success by coordinating and communicating between key project owners. Working with leadership, you will be the organizer and look after all things operations for the group.
Using your experience with program/project management, administration, and relationship-building you will work with cross-functional teams and working groups to help Canva to achieve the level of operational efficiency, cooperation & collaboration that our front-line teams need to hit our goals.
What you'll do
- You’ll own all team operations end-to-end: You take charge and ensure we have built cadences and administrative infrastructure that are essential to building operational excellence and hitting goals. You’ll drive tracking initiatives, run seasonal planning processes, assist with company-wide product development adherences and constantly iterate on this as Canva grows. You will also coordinate and facilitate meetings, defining objectives, purpose and agendas, and constantly look for ways to improve the operational cadence of the Supergroup.
- You’ll communicate optimally to support teams: You are proactive in wrangling the Supergroup, facilitating relationships to ensure all relevant teams and partners are up to date and working efficiently. Ensuring the Supergroup adheres to best practices for communication, documentation & wider context sharing. Ensuring concerns are anticipated and raised early to appropriate owners in order to resolve issues that prevent progress.
- You’ll proactively drive initiatives forward: You will keep seasonal programs on track by coordinating and tracking timelines, milestones, and statuses, calling out issues as needed. Able to work across big picture initiatives with the ability to break assignments down into manageable efforts and ensure they are able to be tracked and delivered.
- You’ll be the Glue of the Team: Coordinating events across the group, as well wrangling representatives and content from the group for company-wide events, coordinating and arranging celebrations & events for the team. You help us recognize the hard work of the Supergroup, and pull together amazing celebrations when we hit those Crazy Big Goals.
- Forecast and predict emerging opportunities: In time, and working with the Supergroup Leadership you will forecast and anticipate emerging opportunities across the Supergroup, and preemptively work on solutions, constantly looking for areas to improve.
What we’re looking for
- Proven experience in a Events, Program or Project Management role, or similar within the start/ scale up tech environment.
- Experience in Organisational Change Management & Communications
- Experience in Data, Cyber Security or Risk & Governance programs is highly desired
- Experience prioritising, managing and tracking multiple projects simultaneously with the ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- A keen eye for detail and a strong desire to uphold high standards of excellence
- Truly self-motivated with a desire to constantly learn, develop and grow an inaugural role to build out the specialty
- Integrity and trustworthiness with humility/willingness to question one’s own assumptions
- Able to build relationships and rapport fast and constantly expand internal networks
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• Equity packages for you to truly be a part of the Canva journey.
• We have a hybrid work model (in-office & from home), with our offices are always open to you balancing flexibility and connection
• Flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development.. because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
• Virtual and in-office wellness benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs and Fitness & Meditation Classes.
• Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations, Force for Good leave (3 paid volunteering days) and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.