Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
As Canva’s Social Media Manager in Germany, you will be responsible for managing Canva’s social media presence in Germany and creating social media content to build brand awareness and engagement. You’ll play a key role in establishing Canva as a globally design tool and help support our social media community to achieve their crazy big goals.
We’re looking for a creative and strategic storyteller who is excited to build Canva’s social media presence in this space, and help us drive cultural connection with the Canva brand within the market.
We are looking for someone who has the ability to produce social content to support our strategy. You must have design skills and experience creating static, text and visual content across social media platforms.
What you'll do:
- Together with the Growth Lead and Country Manager, develop a Social Media strategy for Canva’s go-to-market in Germany
- Support with development of our social media content calendar; develop and create content to support marketing strategies and campaigns.
- Come up with innovative and creative solutions to position Canva as a thought leader in design.
- Develop and execute a UGC influencer strategy
- Regularly report KPIs, analyze the ROI of social media campaigns, and adjust strategies based on analytics.
- Get hands on with content creation (copy, statics, video) across our social media channels using Canva.
- Be a brand guardian for our social media content across all channels, ensuring we establish a strong tone of voice and represent our values.
- Work alongside the global social team to localize brand and social campaigns that create cultural connection and deliver against our business goals.
- Interact and engage with our community on our social media channels.
- Monitor social media trends and the competitive landscape to create strategic decisions for Canva’s brand in the local market.
- React to local and social media trends to increase Canva’s brand awareness.
- Be responsible for translating global assets into local language.
- Be responsible for community engagement across local social channels.
What we're looking for
- 3-5+ years experience in social media content strategy and execution.
- Fluent in German and English
- Deep understanding of the German culture and social media landscape
- Experience with social media management tools (Sprout Social, Khoros, Monday.com, Google Suite, Google Analytics, Looker, Canva)
- A creative thinker with hands-on experience creating content for brands with basic video editing skills.
- A fountain of knowledge when it comes to social platforms, video content, viral campaigns, emerging conversations, brands and social insights.
- An analytical mindset and the ability to develop an in-depth understanding of Canva’s audiences.
- Excellent written, visual and verbal communication skills, the ability to manage complex and competing priorities
- Expert knowledge of all social media networks, and how best to leverage them.
- Ability to manage and build relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Able to balance the big picture with short term needs and initiatives.
- A self-starter with tenacity for execution and delivery, with ability to adapt quickly to market trends and business priorities.
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.