Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
About the team
This role is an integral part of the Corporate Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team and will be responsible forleading the forecast of headcount and associated costs as well as producing month-end variance analysis for the Finance leadership. You will also be supporting the Canva FP&A automation journey by leading the Personnel data roadmap, systems requirements/design and transition planning.
You will be directly involved in rolling out and facilitating company-wide headcount planning, whilst working closely with the Workforce planning lead. As the Canva business grows, so does our headcount, and you will be helping Canva steer toward the long-term scalability of our workforce growth. With Personnel Costs being Canva’s biggest cost bucket, there is a continuous need to understand the impact of our expenses on our profitability and free cash flow.
What you'll do
- Gather information and context from various Field FP&A Partners, business updates, and internal resources to familiarise yourself with the key drivers of our personnel expenses
- Leverage multiple data sources to deliver high-quality forecasts and insights
- Develop robust and flexible financial models that can handle rapid change, turn around information quickly, and support strategic decision making
- Continuously evaluate opportunities for enhancement of developed models in order to maximise effectiveness (e.g. identifying where, why, and when a forecast is missed, and what we can do to improve our accuracy)
- Development of models and analyses in both Excel and our upcoming Planning & Forecasting tool
We’d love it if you have the following
- Qualified CA or equivalent, experience in an FP&A, modelling or data analysis role in a fast growing and dynamic environment
- Highly proficient Excel skills, with a big focus on financial modelling /report-building skills
- Have experience working in Anaplan, Pigment or other system-based planning tools
- Demonstrated experience in developing business models from scratch is a plus
- The ability to think beyond numbers and combine data with strategy and financial insights
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to translate technical analysis into compelling narratives
- Ability to understand and apply new concepts quickly
- A track record of taking ownership and excellent collaboration skills
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.