Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 110+ million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,400 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
About Product Growth:
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design, and we have launched multiple SaaS products tailored to the needs of some of our biggest audiences; Canva Pro, Canva for Enterprise, Canva for NFPs, and Canva for Education.
The Product Growth Super-Group is responsible for the success of these products, which have millions of customers in almost every country around the world and are responsible for driving much of Canva’s revenue. Product Growth is responsible for the end to end experience of these products; everything from crafting & building amazing product experiences, our GTM strategies to launch them, commercial partnerships, global distribution strategies, and so much more.
We strive to further grow these products by ten fold globally over the next few years. The Super-Group is made up of 5 Groups, 25 teams and almost 200 diverse Canvanauts who work together to delight our users with our tailored products and help Canva to achieve its user and growth goals.
About the Revenue Platform Group:
The Revenue Platform Group at Canva is deeply rooted within the Businesses & Education Super Group. Owning the strategy and roadmap for enabling everyone, across the planet, to access the paid features of Canva be this through a subscription or a one off transaction. No two countries are the same, it is our job to understand, evaluate and prioritize what works best and for who. We do everything from building out complex new payment integrations to enabling other Canva groups achieve their goals and monetise their features.
What you'll do:
- Design, develop and deploy solutions and hands-on software development – working closely with leads, designers, and product managers to deliver features and experiments to our customers worldwide
- Work collaboratively and advise leads, product managers, and engineers across teams at Canva to unblock front-end works that help your group deliver features and experiments to our customers worldwide
- Communicate efficiently with Product Managers and Engineers across Canva when developing a solution; seeks and incorporates varied perspectives to address technical issues
- Facilitate knowledge sharing and efficiently advocate for engineering needs to non-technical partners within the group
- Models initiative and ownership in achieving goals, improving processes and solutions
- Sees opportunities for cross-team collaboration to work on new ideas and improvements that help achieving our goals
- Work closely with Machine Learning engineers to build advanced personalisation experiments that empower our users to get the most out of Canva
- You will be at home working in our core technology environment - our core stack is TypeScript (or other typed languages), React, MobX (or other state management libraries)
- Firmly grounded computer science and engineering fundamentals including concurrency, multithreading, data structures, solution design, architecture, and design patterns
- Working collaboratively with team members and communicating effectively
- Experience with TypeScript (or other typed languages), React, MobX (or other state management libraries)
- Ability to write performant, reusable code for UI components, including appropriate testing
- Good writing and verbal communication skills
Nice to have:
- Experience and knowledge of cross-browser and cross-device development
- Experience developing Java backend
- Experience developing mobile App
- Experience in Financial, FinTech, or Subscriptions/Payments applications
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• Equity packages for you to truly be a part of the Canva journey.
• We have a hybrid work model (in-office & from home), with our offices are always open to you balancing flexibility and connection
• Flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development.. because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
• Virtual and in-office wellness benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs and Fitness & Meditation Classes.
• Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations, Force for Good leave (3 paid volunteering days) and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.