Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hiya, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney, Australia but we have a swanky new office in London that has all the bells and whistles. Even though you'll find us in Shoreditch, you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're nearby) or at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
When you join our team in the UK, you'll also be joining forces with Flourish, who were acquired by us in 2022. Flourish enables everyone to change the way they tell stories with data by creating rich, animated data visualizations and other interactive content that can be embedded anywhere - including in Canva!
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
Pexels & Canva:
Pexels became part of the Canva family of brands in 2019 after being recognized by Canva’s founders as an incredible source for high-quality free imagery. Pexels images can easily be found directly within Canva, amplifying the Pexels community by having their work seen, loved and used by millions of Canva designers around the world. While Pexels is owned by Canva, the Pexels team operates as a separate business unit with some areas of work and projects overlapping.
Pexels is one of the biggest, most loved and fastest-growing creative communities in the world. We give photographers a huge audience and help millions of creators to easily source the content they require to create beautiful products and designs. Pexels is one of the most upvoted products of all time on Product Hunt. Among our millions of users are people from the greatest brands and companies in the world like Forbes, Buzzfeed and Facebook.
Our mission is creative freedom: free and unrestricted access to all the creative ingredients that the world needs to build amazing things!
Every day at Pexels, exciting things are happening to our contributors, we are surrounded by opportunities to tell those stories, highlight the people in them, make them feel special, and inspire others to join Pexels.We’re looking for a Social Media Manager to help us relaunch our global content and brand efforts and drive programming that resonates with our community of photographers across social media platforms. Our new social media manager will play a central role as we create and scale our social strategy across the world. This person will be highly-collaborative and will work closely with the brand, community and curation teams to source and create the stories Pexels photographers want to hear.
- Develop and execute social media strategies that showcase the amazing things happening within the Pexels community across the world.
- Manage our social accounts (Instagram, Twitter and TikTok) and build out campaigns that speak to the Pexels audience and their interests.
- Oversee the social content calendar and make sure that activity is aligned with our overall content strategy.
- Apply a test-and-learn approach to evolve our content strategy through data and analytics
- Stay up-to-date with the latest industry and cultural trends.
- Bring innovative and creative solutions to our social media strategy to establish Pexels as a leading creative community.
- This is a new role on a freshly created team, so experimentation and creative ideas are highly encouraged
- 3 - 4 years experience in social media content strategy and execution, ideally with a global brand or as part of an in-house agency team (media or creative).
- A creative thinker with hands-on experience creating content for international brands.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an eye for detail and a strong understanding of brand voice and tone.
- A passion for creating content that inspires, educates and celebrates community.
- Data-focused with the ability to see what’s working and what isn’t, and to turn those insights into new opportunities.
- Strong at planning, organising, prioritising and executing simultaneous projects.
- Proficiency in social media management tools such as Sprout Social or Hootsuite.
- A passion for photography and visual storytelling is a plus.
- Familiarity with Canva is also a plus.
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.