Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 110+ million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,400 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
Our engineering team's tag-line: “We fail fast” - Dynamic processes, implementing new ideas, trying, failing, and improving rapidly. The world of tech is ever-evolving, and so are we.
In this role, you will lead a diverse team of exceptional engineers focused on advancing the field of video creation. You will have the opportunity to mentor and coach your team to achieve their full potential while collaborating on video processing tools that will be used by millions of users each month , making an impact across the globe. As part of a dynamic team, you will have the freedom to explore new ideas, experiment with novel solutions, and implement creative approaches to enhance our products. With a focus on delivering high-quality AI solutions on time and within scope, you will play an integral role in fostering a positive and productive work environment that encourages collaboration, open communication, and continuous learning and development opportunities.
- Work on video processing models that will be used by millions of users monthly and make a global impact.
- Focus on research and stay on top of the rapidly evolving state-of-the-art within video and signal processing space. Reading papers and following the machine learning community discussing these papers is a key part of your job.
- Study best practices, develop untried approaches, work on prototypes and evaluate performance.
- Experiment on large-scale cloud infrastructure with high-end hardware.
- Analyze data sources, and generate, collect, and prepare data with commercial licensing in mind.
- Set up data augmentation pipelines and perform hyperparameter searches to build production-ready AI solutions.
- You will have strong experience in signal processing and applying that to manipulation of video and audio for end-users.
- You have a solid understanding of computer vision, especially the concepts of convolutional neural networks (CNNs), transformers, and diffusion models.
- Proficiency with the following technologies is required to be set up for success in this position: Deep learning frameworks (Pytorch gives bonus points, other frameworks like Tensorflow, Keras, Theano, Mxnet), Python 3, Numpy, OpenCV, Docker & Kubernetes.
- You are inspired by the rapidly evolving state-of-the-art in the visual AI space, and staying on top of it is one of your key motivations.
- You have a strong sense of ownership and are eager to find and develop novel solutions to challenging problems proactively.
- You are a strong communicator and a team player and are eager to work together with your colleagues to brainstorm ideas.
Perks and Benefits
- Flexible daily working hours, we value work-life balance
- Breakfast and lunch prepared by our wonderful Vibe team
- Onsite-Gym and Yoga Membership
- End-of-Trip Facilities: Bicycle parking and showers
- Generous parental (including secondary) leave policy
- Pet-friendly offices
- Sponsored social clubs, team events and celebrations
- Relocation budget for interstate or overseas individuals (see below for visa information)
If you're seeking professional growth and enjoy working on large, distributed, cloud-based applications that delight our millions of individual and business users alike - then apply now to be considered for the position!
If you require visa sponsorship, you must ensure you have at least two (2) years of post-University commercial experience as a Software Engineer and meet the mandatory sponsorship requirements laid out by Department of Home Affairs.
We will not accept or review any CVs from external recruitment agencies.
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• Equity packages for you to truly be a part of the Canva journey.
• We have a hybrid work model (in-office & from home), with our offices are always open to you balancing flexibility and connection
• Flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development.. because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
• Virtual and in-office wellness benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs and Fitness & Meditation Classes.
• Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations, Force for Good leave (3 paid volunteering days) and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.