Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
About the team:
Canva’s International Marketing group is a diverse and distributed team of marketers who drive user growth, brand awareness, and affinity in our 30 priority markets. You’ll partner closely with leads across the International Marketing Group as well as Brand Marketing, PR & Comms, Social & Content, Partnerships, Product Marketing, and Creative to build and implement a comprehensive multi-year strategy for market-specific growth goals across the S.E Asia region. Specifically, Indonesia and the Philippines will be top priorities next year with Thailand, Vietnam, and Malaysia considered key markets to support over time.
What you'll do:
- Act act as the main point of contact for marketing and user growth in S.E Asia, focusing on Indonesia and the Philippines. You’ll identify key opportunities, challenges, and levers to drive the growth of the Canva brand in these regions.
- You'll ideate a comprehensive GTM strategy in close partnership with product, marketing, growth, sales, community, and other functions to coordinate various global and local programs
- You'll demonstrate a deep understanding of the S.E Asian market dynamics, cultural nuances and user needs to market Canva to a wide range of audiences, including consumers, SMBs, educators, students, startup ecosystems, government organizations, NGOs, and other emerging sectors.
- Build a coherent and consistent strategy to adapt and scale Canva’s marketing campaigns across Growth, Brand, Social, and Lifecycle.
- Partner with functions such as product marketing, product growth, brand, creative and content teams to ensure Canva users and prospects enjoy a consistent and delightful user experience at every stage of their journey and across all touch points.
- Partner with PR and Brand teams to uphold our brand strategy and scale new programs and experiences to support our mission and brand values in our global communities.
- Experiment with creative tactics and develop playbooks for lean growth in smaller countries in S.E Asia.
- Hire and lead outstanding marketers and operators over time, mobilizing them to implement the vision while positioning them to achieve their bold professional development goals.
What we're looking for:
- 10+ years of growth marketing and leadership experience where you have successfully delivered results driving awareness, acquisition, growth, and retention. You will currently be in a Head of Marketing, Growth Marketing Director, Regional Marketing Lead S.E Asia, or similar role capacity
- Experience in tech or start-up sectors is strongly preferred
- Experience devising GTM strategies across Indonesia, Philippines, and Thailand with proven results and an ultimate growth mindset
- Preference for an exceptional B2C marketer with a portfolio of successful award-worthy 360 marketing campaigns spanning multiple languages and various online and offline channels.
- Ability to lead initiatives and build partnerships with local and national level officials, business executives and influential figures.
- Keen analytical skills, with the ability to turn complex, disparate datasets into insights that drive strategies and solutions.
- A general understanding of budget management and regularly identifying the most cost-effective approaches.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, allowing you to successfully influence and communicate complex information clearly to your colleagues and through marketing material.
- Demonstrated experience scaling and developing agile and happy marketing teams across multiple markets
- A natural teammate, with a proven track record of cross-functional leadership and partnership.
- High emotional intelligence and empathy.
- Full proficiency in English is required and working knowledge of one or more of the major local languages is highly preferred.
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.