Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney Australia but in this project you’ll be working remotely from wherever you are located. That means you have the ultimate flexibility. Wherever works for you, works for us.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
About the team:
We are looking for photographers to join as a Contractor to work with our in-house Canva/Smartmockups team . We are interested in engaging in an initial project with the opportunity of extending our partnership to ongoing - approximately 3-4 short-term shoots per year (each shoot lasting approximately 1-2 days). We’re looking to engage with photographers on a freelance basis, who are able to work on a list of creative briefs that we refresh often. At Smartmockups , we help people and businesses over the world create engaging visual materials. Our online mockup tool features a stellar mockup library, and intuitive design tools, and is available anywhere, anytime. Smartmockups is the easiest way to showcase your designs on real-world products. Our mockup library needs a range of fresh and varied photos that have a high technical standard - so we’re after experienced and self-motivated photographers physically located in Japan who would enjoy combining technical expertise with the creativity of choosing local setups for the photo shoots. We're looking for Photographers with experience with:
What you'll do:
- Collaborate closely with the Canva/Smartmockups team during the pre-production stage.
- Tasks include but are not limited to:
- casting the appropriate models
- booking the appropriate studio/location
- securing signed model/property releases when applicable
- booking relevant creative collaborators when appropriate (i.e. hair and makeup artist, fashion stylist, etc.)
- sourcing relevant props
- managing a budget and keeping track of expenses
- meet production deadlines
How the process works:
- You will be shooting photographs in line with creative briefs directed by the Canva/Smartmockups team and in line with the provided technical guidelines.
- You'll then submit a refined set of photos, choosing only the best shots per layout.
- Upon the approval of photos by the Canva/Smartmockups Team, submit the invoice along with the official receipts for all expenses for processing.
What you'll need:
- An online portfolio showcasing your product and/or commercial photography
- Proven experience and examples of promotional and product photography
- Skilled with Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Lightroom or other similar post-production software
- Have a good command of English
- Own your own photography equipment in order to execute assigned photoshoots
- Have the ability to take creative and art direction from the Canva/Smartmockups Team
- Have a strong eye and experience shooting images with style variations
- Have the ability to source talent and secure necessary releases (model release, property release, etc.)
- Ability to manage production within the allotted production timeline
- Proven ability to deliver fresh, relevant, high-quality photographs
One of our core values at Canva, “Being a force for good” means we are actively working towards a world that isn't just good for a small few, but one that’s good for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community. To achieve this, we need to constantly work towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions to engage contractors based on your experience, skills and passion. When you signify interest in the Project, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the contractor-accreditation interview process.
Please note that contractor-accreditation meetings are conducted virtually.
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.