Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney, Australia but in Aotearoa, we have a hub in Auckland that we call home to our local operations. And with that, you have choice in how and where you work. That means if you want to do your thing at our Auckland hub (if you're nearby) or at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
At the moment, this role is focused on:
- leading motivated engineers who build, run, and analyze front end software engineering experiments across our application.
- work in a multi-functional team with UI/UX designers, content designers, product managers, and engineers (including software, QA and data analysts).
- leading your team by example and empower them to resolve technical conflicts efficiently and optimally as we collaborate across external teams in Canva.
You're probably a match if
- You have good Front End technical leadership and are well set in your people leadership journey.
- You have excellent software engineering fundamentals and first principles; comfortable contributing to craft documents and performing detailed code reviews
- You have experience and knowledge of cross-browser and cross-device development
- You have People Leadership experience and proven career growth development conversations with software engineers
- You have a customer focus and are able to collaborate with Product and Design partners to define use cases and requirements that deliver value to customers
About the team
User Growth, sits within the Growth Supergroup and is dedicated to attracting and keeping users on Canva by enhancing content and providing relevant information at the right points of their journey.
The Onboarding team sits within User Growth, and is focused on the new user journey, specifically their first 7 days, ensuring seamless interactions, and timely in product assistance to help them extract the maximum power of Canva on their design journey.
But don't just take our word for it, check out what Software Engineer - Abbie Wade has to say about working in Engineering at Canva -
" The challenges that I am solving do not have a known solution, which means I get to create and innovate each day."
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.