Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
About the role
Are you looking for an opportunity to tackle global accounting obstacles here at Canva? Whilst directly supporting the ongoing growth of our business?
As a Financial Accountant supporting our Employee Benefits and Recognition & Rewards teams, your core goal will be to support Canva on its mission to become one of the most valuable companies in the world. With the number of our global team continuing to increase and flourish, the scope of your reach and impact is literally limitless!
As the main point of contact between Payroll Operations and the wider Accounting function, the successful individual will continue to mature the financial processes at Canva by business partnering & implementing improvements & efficiencies of processes gained from being able to convert payroll complexities to accounting requirements.
What you'll do
- Own the completeness and accuracy of the Accounting for our People & Benefit transactions for Canva’s global entities in line with reporting requirements and timelines.
- Maintain and update calculations for any new accounting considerations arising from Canva’s wide range of employee benefits
- Own balance sheet reconciliations and P&L analysis for our people related accounts including month-on-month fluctuation analysis stakeholders at period-end
- Recommend and implement process improvements that can scale with the growth of the business
- Act as key business partner between Employee Benefits, General Ledger Accounting and Forecasting functions, providing insights and ad hoc reporting to support business initiatives
We'd love it if you had
- Experience within a Big-4 Accounting environment, in house experience beneficial
- Knowledge of developing an audit process forms scratch, as well as general ledger accounting experience
- CA / CPA Qualified
- Comfortable working with large volumes of data, with an eagerness to learn the exciting complexities (and opportunities!) within the Employee Benefits space
- Adept at stakeholder management, with a high level of maturity in dealing with confidential information
- Experience with ERP systems such as Netsuite, SAP, Oracle
- Have a keen eye for details and the ability to identify and correct errors in processing
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.