Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
Smartmockups lets you visualize your digital and print projects in real life situations. With our user-friendly web tool everyone can create stunning product mockups within just a few seconds, without using Photoshop and without any skills. Since 2021 we are really proud that we are part of the Canva family!
About The Product Design Team-One of the principles of our design team is to ‘show the future’. As Designers we transport the rest of the company into a future we’re yet to build. A big part of the role of a Product Designer at Canva is to be a visionary—visualising and reinventing the future of design.Our current Smartmockups Product Design team is a “one-man show” and we need another Product Designer to join our Product Designteam.
There is a very active cooperation between another Product Designers, Brand teams in Canva and also with engineers, etc. but this position is more crafted for someone who enjoys collaboration and who is not afraid of pushing things towards common goals.
What we look for:
- You have experience designing, shipping and iterating on multiple complex digital products/features; leading and owning the end-to-end Product Design process.
- You are working in Product Design field 5 + years or so
- A portfolio that demonstrates experience in product thinking where you have previously shipped UX/UI design for digital products and responsive websites
- You are a Designer that is constantly inspired—motivating those around you through your passion and drive for what you do.
- You are excited by regularly coming up with new ideas, shipping new products and features that address your users real needs.
- You shine through your designs—creating user flows and wireframes (Lo-Fi, Hi-Fi) that simplify user interactionsYou are eager to visually communicate your ideas through prototypes to test with users.
- You thrive in a collaborative workplace; partnering with other Designers, software engineers, product developers and other disciplines throughout the company.
- You appreciate big picture thinking. While details are everything, creating an experience that always keeps our users in mind is equally as important.
- You enjoy sitting in a room and whiteboarding ideas to confidently come up with simple, elegant solutions that everyone can move forward with.
- You have knowledge of design systemsYou are data-driven (we have data about our users)You enjoy a little flexibility in your work, but you can also easily manage your time and prioritize
- We are looking for someone who would also help with Marketing materials from 10% of work time - but priority is always Product Design
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.