Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 110+ million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,400 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
About the Technical Program Managers
At Canva, we’re all constantly striving towards our Crazy Big Goals! Since growing to a worldwide team of over 3,500 we need to work effectively together and improve our delivery ability as we scale, which is where our Technical Program Managers come in.
As a Technical Program Manager, it is your mission to work closely with senior managers and product development teams to build a sustainable culture of positive urgency in delivery. You will lead complex, multi-disciplinary programs and be equally comfortable working with leadership to set strategic goals and clarify priorities, as you are with teams to communicate program status, escalate issues and manage dependencies as you are discussing technical trade-offs with an engineer.
About the User Voice Supergroup
The User Voice Group is our critical interface to our most valuable partners, our users. With more than 45 million monthly active users we have a critical need to ensure we’re ensuring that every Canva user has a flawless experience.
The User Voice Group is responsible for customer happiness, user empowerment and ensuring user trust. At Canva, our users are why we exist to Empower the World to Design and we have teams in Beijing, Austin, Manila and Sydney focused to support their needs.
As a Technical PgM in User Voice you will partner with leadership to set clear strategic goals, ensure clarity in communications across all user voice teams and ultimately ensure we deliver against strategic initiatives that improve the user experience.
You thrive in a collaborative fast-paced environment, working with Product, Design, Marketing, Sales, Data and everyone else in between to solve the highest impact problems for our users and Canva’s business. Continually learning and adapting, you strive to grow yourself and those around you. You love to take green-field opportunities and build solutions & processes to solve them. Living and breathing all things growth, you make data-informed, strategic decisions and deliver.
What you'll be doing
- Collaborate with speciality leads and stakeholders on the planning and reporting of group goals
- Monitor and track delivery status across multiple teams and projects
- Facilitate architecture discussions, project kickoffs, group events, and working sessions to ensure alignment of teams through clear communication
- Drive resource planning across the group with people leaders for project alignment, required skills, and hiring needs
- Ensure teams align to engineering standards, policies and practices through communication and processes
- Collaborate with engineers and vendors to establish success metrics for solutions from build to maintain
- Be point person for cross-group initiatives to drive alignment and clarity of group responsibilities
- Drive group scale and develop processes of continuous improvement for core group functions through workflows, automation, and good measurement practices.
- Promote accountability towards sustainable program delivery
- Manage open issues relating to program delivery
- Assess and manage program risks
- Manage dependencies across teams and groupsFacilitate effective, timely and transparent team decision making practices
- Ensure an appropriate degree of consistency in planning, documentation and core practices across teams to ensure meaningful velocity and promote our ability to scale how teams work across Canva
- Facilitate continual improvement rituals to build the effectiveness of product development and engineering teams
Experience you'll need
- A minimum of 3 years TPgM experience at a SaaS company
- Experience working within a customer support organisation ITSM preferred
- Experience with security and compliance frameworks such as ISO & GDPR desired
- Knowledgeable in technical concepts, systems and practices with deep understanding of Agile product development processes
- Experience working with Product Managers, Designers and Engineers to deliver key company initiatives
- Comfortable with ambiguity in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities
- A natural communicator who leads through influence, not authority
- A love for navigating complexity and tackling ambiguous problems Process-oriented but flexible in approach
- Motivated to provide an inclusive and psychologically safe environment for our diverse team to collaborate together, in a timely fashion, towards shared goals
- Introspective focus to continually improve the effectiveness of Canva’s teams
- Dedicated to personal growth and improving in your craft as a TPgM
- Leadership capability to ensure clarity, alignment and accountability to achieve our crazy big goals
- Ability to think strategically but also able to make crazy big goals happen. This role will be very hands-on!
- Competitive salary, plus equity options
- Flexible working hours, we value work-life balance
- Employee Assistant Program
- In-house chefs that cook delicious breakfast and lunch for us each day
- Gym and yoga facilities onsite
- Generous parental leave policy
- Pet friendly offices
- Sponsored social clubs and team events
- Fun and quirky celebrations
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• Equity packages for you to truly be a part of the Canva journey.
• We have a hybrid work model (in-office & from home), with our offices are always open to you balancing flexibility and connection
• Flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development.. because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
• Virtual and in-office wellness benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs and Fitness & Meditation Classes.
• Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations, Force for Good leave (3 paid volunteering days) and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.