Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 110+ million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,400 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
About the team:
Canva’s International Marketing group is a diverse and distributed team of marketers who drive user growth, brand awareness, and affinity in our 30 priority markets. You’ll partner closely with leads across the International Marketing Group as well as Brand Marketing, PR & Comms, Social & Content, Partnerships, Product Marketing, and Creative to build and implement a comprehensive multi-year strategy for market-specific growth goals across the S.E Asia region. Specifically, Indonesia and the Philippines will be top priorities next year with Thailand, Vietnam, and Malaysia considered key markets to support over time.
What you'll do:
- Act act as the main point of contact for marketing and user growth in S.E Asia, focusing on Indonesia and the Philippines. You’ll identify key opportunities, challenges, and levers to drive the growth of the Canva brand in these regions.
- You'll ideate a comprehensive GTM strategy in close partnership with product, marketing, growth, sales, community, and other functions to coordinate various global and local programs
- You'll demonstrate a deep understanding of the S.E Asian market dynamics, cultural nuances and user needs to market Canva to a wide range of audiences, including consumers, SMBs, educators, students, startup ecosystems, government organizations, NGOs, and other emerging sectors.
- Build a coherent and consistent strategy to adapt and scale Canva’s marketing campaigns across Growth, Brand, Social, and Lifecycle.
- Partner with functions such as product marketing, product growth, brand, creative and content teams to ensure Canva users and prospects enjoy a consistent and delightful user experience at every stage of their journey and across all touch points.
- Partner with PR and Brand teams to uphold our brand strategy and scale new programs and experiences to support our mission and brand values in our global communities.
- Experiment with creative tactics and develop playbooks for lean growth in smaller countries in S.E Asia.
- Hire and lead outstanding marketers and operators over time, mobilizing them to implement the vision while positioning them to achieve their bold professional development goals.
What we're looking for:
- 10+ years of growth marketing and leadership experience where you have successfully delivered results driving awareness, acquisition, growth, and retention. You will currently be in a Head of Marketing, Growth Marketing Director, Regional Marketing Lead S.E Asia, or similar role capacity
- Experience in tech or start-up sectors is strongly preferred
- Experience devising GTM strategies across Indonesia, Philippines, and Thailand with proven results and an ultimate growth mindset
- Preference for an exceptional B2C marketer with a portfolio of successful award-worthy 360 marketing campaigns spanning multiple languages and various online and offline channels.
- Ability to lead initiatives and build partnerships with local and national level officials, business executives and influential figures.
- Keen analytical skills, with the ability to turn complex, disparate datasets into insights that drive strategies and solutions.
- A general understanding of budget management and regularly identifying the most cost-effective approaches.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, allowing you to successfully influence and communicate complex information clearly to your colleagues and through marketing material.
- Demonstrated experience scaling and developing agile and happy marketing teams across multiple markets
- A natural teammate, with a proven track record of cross-functional leadership and partnership.
- High emotional intelligence and empathy.
- Full proficiency in English is required and working knowledge of one or more of the major local languages is highly preferred.
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• Equity packages for you to truly be a part of the Canva journey. Hybrid work model (in-office & from home).
• Flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development.. because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
• Virtual and in-office wellness benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs and Fitness & Meditation Classes.
• Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations, Force for Good leave (3 paid volunteering days) and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.