Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
About the role
We have an active community of developers and app partners in our Ecosystem . We are about to open up our platform to all developers and we are building out our Developer Relations and Support team to help us grow and scale how we foster and support our developer community around the world.
What is a Developer Support Engineer?
As a Developer Support Engineer, you will be supporting a growing community of hundreds of developers who are building apps and integrations with the Canva Visual Design Platform. You’ll combine your technical skills as a developer with your ability to communicate complex technical concepts in an approachable manner. You are technically savvy, authentic and helpful responses will delight normally cynical engineers, who are used to the ‘abyss’ support experiences they are accustomed to.
The Developer Support Engineers are part of the Partnerships and Developer Success team within the Canva Ecosystem Group and work closely with Engineering, Product, Customer Success and Partnerships to name a few. As an early team member, you will help us shape this craft as we grow and scale.
About our Ecosystem group
The Ecosystem group at Canva is on a mission to empower 3rd party developers to create an abundance of apps and integrations that supercharge our ability to meet the diverse needs of our one billion users and drive Canva’s MAU growth.
We want to ensure Canva becomes the leading platform for teams and SaaS products to process visual design and communication. We envision in 2026, the Canva Ecosystem will make us the most pluggable platform in the world, enabling us to simplify design creation, boost team collaboration and optimise enterprise workflows in Canva
- Work directly with external developers to address issues and be the primary customer concern point for technical issues throughout the entire developer lifecycle
- Quickly become an authority in our brand new offering of Canva’s APIs
- Develop processes and tools to enable us to support our fast-growing developer community efficiently
- Be a champion for our developer community by raising awareness of their struggles, feedback, and feature asks
- Analyze support patterns to deliver insights that drive support operations process and product improvement
- Participate in the Canva Developer Community forums to support the growth of self-help within the developer ecosystem
- Coordinate outreach from our Ecosystem partnerships, engineering and product teams to ensure we can answer questions and resolve issues
- 3+ years experience in Developer Support (Level 2), technical consulting or software development
- Proven experience working closely with developers to resolve technical issues throughout the entire developer lifecycle
- Extraordinary technical solving skills preferably in a SaaS-based environment
- Experience in writing small scripts (ex. Python, Bash, etc) to create smooth workflows and reduce manual data handling
- Experience with plugin/extension development, and different web platforms and marketplaces
- A self-starter and task juggler who can keep dozens of balls in the air and thrive
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.