Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 110+ million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,400 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
About Business Systems
Business Systems is a sub-group of the Information Technology (“IT”) group, with an aim to drive secure and scalable adoption of technologies that enable Canva’s scale. This is a new group where you will be as a founding member of a rapidly growing team as we strive to radically innovate the foundational infrastructure of our technology supporting these critical groups.
About the role
The People Systems team supports the evaluation, implementation, administration, and ongoing innovation of the technology stack across our hire to retire value stream. With Workday as our foundational HRIS, our team is solving some of Canva’s biggest challenges by automating our processes to allow our Canvanauts to do their best work at a place they love. We strive to be coordinated with the People strategy, so we can realize our vision of being the best company in the world.
As a Business Systems Analyst, you'll use technology to craft new IT solutions, modify, improve, implement or adapt systems, and integrate new features or improvements in order to improve efficiency and productivity. You'll need a high level of technical expertise and clear insights into current innovative business practices.
You think holistically about people technology, the tools, the systems and the processes that support them. You’re a creative problem solver, who crafts exciting and efficient technology experiences.
We are ever-evolving so you’ll always be on the lookout for ways to improve our internal processes & systems to ensure it aligns with our business goals and end user experience.
- Strategy, bridge operational strategy across People Teams and IT with technical best practices to ensure our systems scale to meet our growing needs
- Be part of the team, lead the technical backlog for systems in the People group and help facilitate steering committee meetings with team leads that optimally drive aligned prioritization of technical improvements
- Collaborate, partner with the People, IT & Procurement teams to complete goals that scale Canva to be the world’s best company
- Build and lead, critical implementation projects of new and existing systems that are prioritized as defined
- Business process improvements, create and maintain user documentation of all systems under your ownership to enable flawless change management as we scale
- Solution orientated, ensure that our data architecture of new and existing systems in in line with the metrics and Data group best practices, so we can enable a data driven culture with our teams
- Customer centric, lean in with team members to assist with development of process documentation and business requirements where needed to ensure quality delivery of system improvements
- Responsibility, take responsibility for investigative work to determine requirements and specify effective business processes
- Communication, partner with other cross functional technology leads / teams to create and supervise integrations; making sure integrations run optimally / resolving issues and create a strong working relationship with third party system vendors to ensure strong service delivery
- Be the bridge between IT and Business stakeholders to align business and technology goals and processes to support the business achieve those goals.
- Identify and assess future ways of working and provide IT systems expertise to develop and lead on new strategic technologies to improve business outcomes.
- Provide clear communications of priorities, service changes and project status, while acting as the key point of contact for information, escalation, and issues resolution.
- Play a key role in facilitating and coordination of functional documentation, support of testing initiatives and the resolution of problems as they emerge
- 5 years of demonstrated ability working with various People Technology such as Workday, recruitment technology, performance and compensation systems, and understand the complexities of an integrated best in breed tech stack
- Ability to write design docs that consider the impacts across multiple systems including those that are owned by other systems engineers or the business. Involve business partners to flesh out the solution in detail, whilst leading the overall effort.
- You’ll act as a significant team member on behalf of Canva to our SaaS vendors and be involved in driving the vendor’s feature roadmap. Benefits are realised to Canva as a result of this relationship and through awareness of large changes and features, which you’ll take ownership to implement.
- You have an exceptional desire to build for scale, and are passionate about how technology can solve sophisticated business problems that simplify the lives of our Canvanauts and users. Help us to think strategically to empower the world to design
- You will know how to operate and be successful in a high growth environment, and thrive with problem solving and dealing with ambiguity, willing to get into the details when needed. Be comfortable with chaos.
- Your interpersonal and communication skills are first class, allowing you to develop exceptional professional relationships. You think and act as We, not Me. We’re all in this together.
- You have experience in large scale people technology implementations across a specific or broad range of functional People areas such as Canvanauts Planning, Talent Acquisition, Compensation, Benefits, Employee Experience, Employee Engagement, Onboarding, Learning and Development, Training and Development, Insights etc.
- Experience bringing to bear project management methodologies to continuously drive improvements and automation with an emphasis on speed to action and quality implementations.
- You’ll have demonstrable experience in strategic IT and Business planning, roadmap development and implementation of large scale projects
- Collaborate with People & IT teams to ensure successful implementation of technology solutions, and provide ongoing support and maintenance as needed.
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• Equity packages for you to truly be a part of the Canva journey.
• We have a hybrid work model (in-office & from home), with our offices are always open to you balancing flexibility and connection
• Flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development.. because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
• Virtual and in-office wellness benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs and Fitness & Meditation Classes.
• Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations, Force for Good leave (3 paid volunteering days) and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.