Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
Want to join Canva?
We are searching for an experienced Design Ops, Program Manager to help us in supporting the team culture and health of our team ensuring everyone within the Product Design specialty is treated equally and with fairness.This role will support how we scale the Product Design specialty at Canva, through building documentation, processes and resources, by supporting and freeing up Product Design leads, coaches and individual contributors’ time.This role will split their workload in between supporting a supergroup and supporting the Product Design Ops specialty.
What you'll do:
- Own Product Design team documentation to align everyone (especially newbies) on the process with Canva's Product Delivery Process(PDP), enablement with templates and critical insights from our cannon of data and experimentation learnings.
- Drive Product Design cadences. Coordinate, run and provide support to PD Leads to run an increasing number of design team cadences across the supergroup (such as Fewer Forks Forums, Verb S&T, etc)
- Design and evolve Product Design processes, frameworks and resources to support how we scale the Product Design specialty, including product prioritisation, UX team planning, and cross-team coordination
- Drive the adoption and contribution to the Canva's Product Design Playbook. Work with Product Designers to publish best practices, examples, case studies and templates that can be shared across the entire Product Design Specialty.
- Track specialty health regularly. Working with Product Design leads to understanding pain points, identifying opportunities, and help us prioritise for impact.
- Support SG leads to coordinate design work in planning cycles, particularly with teams outside our supergroup. Mapping how the supergroup will support the other supergroups with new product launches.
- Champion design team culture and well-being. (such as mental health checkins, retros, planning regular team bonding, events and celebrations).
- Collaborate with Product Design leads to identify, build, and manage training/learning opportunities for the product design specialty
- 5+ years of experience in design thinking, design ops, design program management, and/or design project management
- Experience working as a producer, project manager, design program manager, program manager, and/or design ops lead for an in-house UX team
- Background in Product or Design is essential.
- They have a taste for great design and visual communication.
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.