Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
About the role and team
As a Finance Business Partner within the Marketing FP&A team you are part of the backbone delivering decision support and performance reporting to our Marketing Supergroup (including leadership), Corporate FP&A and User Program teams.
You will act as the main finance point of contact to a critical part of the marketing organization, having ownership over planning and reporting cadences (annual budgeting and monthly re-forecasting), performance reporting and strategic finance decision support across a global performance marketing team responsible for efficiently deploying a multi-million dollar annual budget.
What you'll do
- Planning and reporting ownership across annual budgeting, monthly re-forecasting, month-end analysis and performance reporting for Canva’s core digital campaigns, channels and audiences, including commentary and insights
- Help weave the story and interpret what both financial & non-financial metrics across Canva’s digital performance marketing channels are telling us about performance, and where risks/opportunities lie
- You will use your strong financial acumen and data-driven approach to proactively identify commercial or operational problems
- You’ll partner closely with regional leads and drive strategic outcomes for these must-win geographies to ensure Canva’s future success
- Be the key driving force for process improvement by identifying areas where financial and operational hygiene is lacking, navigating chaos and complexity
- Build positive relationships and act as a key partner for the operational marketing team
- Ad hoc involvement in wider finance projects and other business partnering initiatives
We'd love it if you have
- Experience as a commercial finance analyst, or within an FP&A role in a commercial environment, demonstrating a proven understanding of financial reporting, budgeting, and forecasting.
- CA/CPA Qualification, although this is not essential
- Advanced Excel and financial modelling / report building skills are critical, with the ability to build reports from scratch rather than just rolling forward.
- A driven personality, with a clear desire to turn chaos into clarity, and have experience working closely with non-finance functions to make valuable contributions.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and be able to work collaboratively to drive the business forward.
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.