Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney, Australia but in Aotearoa, we have a hub in Auckland that we call home to our local operations. And with that, you have choice in how and where you work. That means if you want to do your thing at our Auckland hub (if you're nearby) or at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
Want to join Canva?
About Security Engineering Managers
At Canva, we’re all constantly striving towards our Crazy Big Goals! As the features and services of our product suite evolve, we’re setting some large and ambitious goals. We need to be able to ship robust and secure features without sacrificing speed and scale of delivery, which is where our Security Engineering Managers come in.
The security partnerships team embraces an engineering-first, shift-left model focusing on the needs and wants of engineers, they are responsible for working with high-risk groups, empowering them to navigate their security landscape and ship secure products.
As a Security Engineering Manager for the security partnerships team, it is you and your team's mission to help teams take control of their security landscape and deliver security services throughout Canva such as design reviews, threat models, glass-box penetration testing, and more.
About the Security Group
The Security Group is responsible for protecting Canva systems and data from information security threats. Our teams work together, and with other groups, to deliver preventive and detective controls and processes that reduce security risk. The group runs programs across Identity and Access Management, Application Security, Risk Management, and Threat Detection and Response domains.
What you'll do
- Drive delivery of Application Security services to our engineering & product organizations who operate a large-scale cloud-native SaaS application stack. Ensuring security is embedded into the SDLC from ideation to completion within start-up time frames, to securely support Canva’s rapid growth.
- Support a security-first engineering culture by making the optimally secure solution the easiest one for software engineering teams to use.
- Drive technical strategy and provide leadership to your team in a fast-paced, innovation-focused environment.
- Foster a culture of communication, bridging the communication gap between teams, group, and company leadership.
- Invest in working with engineers on growth and development opportunities to help further their skills and grow into new roles, with an ability to deliver relevant and timely feedback (positive & constructive) to help them to continuously improve and learn.
- Coordinate across various specialties and parts of the business to understand the impact and feasibility of strategic goals within the group.
- Drive delivery of large, cross team and cross group initiatives and projects from ideation to completion.
- Proven experience with technical and people leadership.
- Previously developed impactful and collaborative teams where everyone is able to share their best ideas and be their best selves.
- Previous experience as a Software or Security Engineer - in tune with software engineering fundamentals and security-first principles.
- Domain expertise in one or more areas of Application Security (e.g. Cloud security, infrastructure security, webapp security etc).
- Experience in cloud-based environments (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure) with a working knowledge of SaaS vulnerability classes, and how they can be remediated at scale.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; with the ability to work with a diverse range of Canvanauts
- Proven customer focus to understand the use cases and requirements of internal partners, and find opportunities to empower them to do their best work.
- Be capable of leading by example - promoting Canva’s values, no-blame mentality, and engineering values.
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.