Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 110+ million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,400 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
Canva’s Editing Platform group focuses on supporting the Canva editor through a secure, performant, and scalable platform. We build and maintain the backend services that enables our users to create, import, edit, collaborate on, and download their designs.
What you'll do (Responsibilities)
- Design, develop and deploy solutions and hands-on software development – working closely with leads, designers, and product managers to deliver features and experiments to our customers worldwide
- Work collaboratively and coordinate with leads, product managers, and engineers across teams at Canva to unblock back-end works that help your group
- Facilitate knowledge sharing and optimally advocate for engineering needs to non-technical team members within the group
- Models initiative and ownership in achieving goals, improving processes and solutions
- Finds opportunities for cross-team collaboration to work on new insights and improvements that help achieve our goals
Required Experience & Skills
- Commercial experience developing complex web applications
- Most of our code is in Java, so ideally you will be comfortable using Java
- Computer science and engineering fundamentals including concurrency, multithreading, data structures, solution design, architecture, and design patterns
- Working collaboratively with team members and communicating effectively
- Good writing and verbal communication skills
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• Equity packages for you to truly be a part of the Canva journey.
• We have a hybrid work model (in-office & from home), with our offices are always open to you balancing flexibility and connection
• Flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development.. because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
• Virtual and in-office wellness benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs and Fitness & Meditation Classes.
• Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations, Force for Good leave (3 paid volunteering days) and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.