Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 110+ million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,400 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
Our Canva University Team
Canva University is on a mission to help each and every Canvanaut grow and develop in the skills that will help them to make a positive impact, by offering the most impactful learning experiences possible.
Our learning experiences are aligned to our 12 Skills Framework, which sets out the most important skills that every Canvanaut needs to thrive throughout their journey at Canva - everything from technical learning, onboarding, leadership, team effectiveness, capability development, performance and personal development.
We're a team with a diverse range of skills who partner together to strategise, craft and deliver learning experiences. We are designers, engineers, teachers, facilitators, psychologists and doers. We craft instructor led and asynchronous learning to support every Canvanaut on their growth journey.
This role will partner with our IT Group to deliver impactful and diverse learning experiences aimed at making all our Canvanauts experts in the hardware and systems they use every day. You'll be iterating on our existing content, working with a range of IT stakeholders to create new engaging curriculum, build learning pathways within our LMS, and create new, transformational learning experiences.
What you'll do...
- Use your expertise in digital learning to bring a high level of detail, quality and focus to our IT curriculum, looking at ways to innovate and push the boundaries of UX and Learning Design to deliver impactful and varied learning experiences.
- Shape and connect IT learning content to our growth and development framework - ensuring all Canvanauts can identify and access learning content toward their goals easily.
- Collaborate with a diverse group of stakeholders, harnessing their technical knowledge to build approachable learning programs suitable for experienced and non-experienced usersPartner with ITLeads to build out custom learning experiences that are scalable, virtual and hybrid friendly.
- Track and analyse instructor and course performance trends and translate these learnings into actions to meet both learning and business goals.
- Partner with our internal and external teams to film and edit courses.
- Build out our technology learning portfolio to include diverse learning modalities across e-learning, animation, video, podcast, AR/VR, gaming, and simulations.
- Identify internal and external subject matter experts, content and speakers to help us build the best curriculums in the world.
- Run multiple projects and moving parts with differing deadlines, keeping others on track and informed, and ensuring goals are clear and met on time.
What we are looking for...
- Prior experience in technology or systems training or related curriculum is desired but not essential.
- Experience crafting blended and digital learning products using the latest design and development techniques. To include, micro learning, scenario-based eLearning, simulations, podcasts, video/animation, mobile design, games/gamification. Experience of emerging technologies including AR and VR.
- Experience in taking technical subject matter and creating approachable and easy to understand learning content
- Substantial experience working with agile methodologies in a learning context.
- Expertise in the management of cross-functional teams.
- Delivery of company-wide learning solutions.
- Creative thinking, planning and management of existing and emerging learning environments
- Experience in inclusive learning design - translating learning across borders, and enhancing the accessibility of learning to a diverse audience.
- Experience with Authoring Tools and Learning Management Systems
What you'll learn...
- You’ll work with our Program Leads to innovate in the digital learning space
- You’ll be a critical component of IT’s mission to empower all Canvanauts through technology
- Add to our Canva University content, helping us to make learning accessible to everyone.
- How to set crazy big goals and achieve them.
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• A temporary work from home setup as we prepare to provide a safe environment for Canvanauts who would like to work in the office. Our Future of Work plan is to move towards a hybrid work model (in-office & from home) You and your team can determine your ideal work setup. Whichever works best for you, #KayaSaCanva.
• Unique and flexible leaves options: :Recharge and go on your next getaway or simply take time off for yourself through our Vacation Leave, Give back through our Volunteer Leave to help out a charity or NGO of choiceSupport yourself or take care of your loved ones (even your furbabies) through our Sick or Carer’s Leave
• Focus on your own growth and development through our Professional Educational Leave
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowances for you to spend on anything that supports your wellbeing. Whether it’s a workshop, an electronic stand-up desk, a gym membership, or dinner with a teammate, we encourage you to do what you need to do in order to thrive.
• Virtual and in-office wellness and development benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistance Programs, Fitness Classes and more to support your physical, mental, and social wellbeing.
• Canva For Good program that matches your not-for-profit donations and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
• A variety of Canva clubs that you can join to connect you to fellow Canvanauts with similar interests. From cycling, skincare, pets, to foodies (and the list goes on), we got you covered! Club activities can also be done remotely or in person.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.