Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 110+ million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,400 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
About the Team
You'll be joining the Edge team, a sub-team of the broader Product Platform Group. We are the front line of our web services, owning Canva's Cloudflare layer - every request that hits Canva goes through this layer. We play a critical role in keeping Canva secure and reliable for all users, as well as enabling engineers who work on the Edge platform to be efficient and productive.
Working in Edge team, you will develop key expertise in Canva's Cloudflare layer, which is responsible for all incoming traffic to Canva.com
You will develop expertise in developing Cloudflare worker logic which is responsible for routing traffic to Canva's front-end gateways
You will develop expertise in CDN, DNS, security, scalability, and resilience of Canva's Edge platform.
This role is remote-friendly across Australia and New Zealand - you don't have to live in Sydney to make a huge impact at Canva.
What you’ll do
- Provide technical leadership through code reviews, and creating/ reviewing design documents
- Design and implement tooling for managing Canva’s edge setup - domains, certificates, WAF rules and more - in a secure manner
- Identify best-of-breed approaches to protect our users and Canva's infrastructure and systems.
- Drive the planning and refinement of seasonal goals, ensuring there is alignment across the company, group, and teams.
- Embed best practices into our development processes, helping improve processes through retrospectives
- Collaborate with engineers and PMs across the business to shape our edge capabilities
What we're looking for
- Experience in the following areas: DNS, Firewall, Security, Load Balancing, CDN (e.g. Cloudflare, CloudFront, Akamai, Fastly),
- Knowledge of the Cloudflare developer platform, and developing and managing Cloudflare workers is desirable.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills, with the ability to break large projects down into smaller ones and deliver on them through others.
- Experience working with AWS.
- Exceptional communication and team collaboration skills, both written and verbal.
- Firmly grounded computer science and engineering fundamentals including concurrency, multithreading, data structures, solution design, architecture, and design patterns.
- Proven success in software engineering companies would be a huge plus
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• Equity packages for you to truly be a part of the Canva journey.
• We have a hybrid work model (in-office & from home), with our offices are always open to you balancing flexibility and connection
• Flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development.. because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
• Virtual and in-office wellness benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs and Fitness & Meditation Classes.
• Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations, Force for Good leave (3 paid volunteering days) and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.