Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
Howdy, howdy! This opportunity is huge - we are a small Smartmockups team, working on the Canva product! Smartmockups helps people and businesses the world over create engaging visual materials. Our online mockup tool features a stellar mockup library, intuitive design tools, and is available anywhere, anytime. Smartmockups is the easiest way to showcase your designs on real-world products. Launched in 2016, Smartmockups proudly joined the Canva family in 2021.We're on a common mission to revolutionize product visualizations and help bring the design for 85 MAUs to life!
Our frontend is a single-page application written in React. We use Redux for the state management and the components are styled using CSS Modules. The mockup editor works on WebGL and HTML Canvas API. Smartmockupsis basically a graphics editor that works directly in a browser. Because of this, we do a lot of things on the front end, not just marketing pages and displaying data from the API.We develop a lot of interactive components for the editor ourselves (such as the image cropper for cropping images). The final rendering of images takes place on the client-side. The product is localized in 7 languages, including Chinese.The backend is composed of microservices written in NodeJS and is completely Serverless (we use Lambda and other AWS services).
Who you are
- At least 5 years of experience in designing and building commercial web applications
- Experience working with HTML, CSS, JS, React, Typescript, and functional reactive programming patterns such as MobX and RxJS
- Knowledge in CI/CD and different testing techniques to write highly reliable code
- Ability to communicate effectively with non-technical colleagues
- Taking ownership in driving projects end-to-end
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.