Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 110+ million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,400 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
At Canva, we’re all constantly striving towards our Crazy Big Goals! Since growing to a worldwide team of over 1,500 we need to ensure we’re working as effectively and efficiently as possible, which is where the role of Leadership Operations comes in! This role will provide strategic support to Canva’s Country Leadership team.
At Canva, we’re all constantly striving towards our Crazy Big Goals! Since growing to a worldwide team of over 1800 we need to ensure we’re working as effectively and efficiently as possible, which is where our Operational Business Partners come in. This role will align to a group made up of mostly Marketing related roles. You will be working to build solid operational excellence and embed this in everything we do - steering Canva towards growth and success for years to come!
The mission of the Operational Business Partner is to support group leadership, coordinate all Team projects and drive them to unilateral success by coordinating and communicating between key project owners. Working with leadership, you will be the organiser and operational guru for the group. Using your experience with program/project management, administration, and relationship-building this role will work with cross-functional teams and working groups to help Canva to achieve the level of operational efficiency, cooperation & collaboration that our front-line teams need to hit our goals.
What you'll do...
- You’ll own all team operations end-to-end:
- You’ll communicate effectively to support teams: You are proactive in wrangling the group, facilitating relationships to ensure all relevant teams and stakeholders are up to date and working effectively. Ensuring the group adheres to best practices for communication, documentation & wider context sharing. Ensuring concerns are anticipated and raised early to appropriate owners in order to resolve issues that prevent progress.
- You’ll proactively drive initiatives forward: You will keep seasonal programs on track by coordinating and tracking timelines, milestones, and statuses, escalating issues as needed. Able to work across big picture initiatives with the ability to break assignments down into manageable efforts and ensure they are able to be tracked and delivered.
- You’ll be the Glue of the Team: Coordinating events across the group, as well wrangling representatives and content from the group for company wide events, coordinating and arranging celebrations & events for the team. You help us recognize the hard work of the group, and pull together amazing celebrations when we hit those Crazy Big Goals.
- Forecast and predict emerging opportunities: In time, and working with the Group Leadership you will forecast and anticipate emerging opportunities across the Group, and preemptively work on solutions, constantly looking for areas to improve.
What we are looking for...
- 4+ years of experience with Program or Project Management, or similar.
- Experience prioritising, managing and tracking multiple projects simultaneously with the ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
- A keen eye for detail and a strong desire to uphold high standards of excellence
- Truly self-motivated with a desire to constantly learn, develop and grow an inaugural role to build out the specialty.
- Integrity and trustworthiness with humility/willingness to question one’s own assumptions
- Able to build relationships and rapport fast and constantly expand internal networks
One of our core values at Canva, “Being a force for good” means we are actively working towards a world that isn't just good for a small few, but one that’s good for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community. To achieve this, we need to constantly work towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone.
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• A temporary work from home setup as we prepare to provide a safe environment for Canvanauts who would like to work in the office. Our Future of Work plan is to move towards a hybrid work model (in-office & from home) You and your team can determine your ideal work setup. Whichever works best for you, #KayaSaCanva.
• Unique and flexible leaves options: :Recharge and go on your next getaway or simply take time off for yourself through our Vacation Leave, Give back through our Volunteer Leave to help out a charity or NGO of choiceSupport yourself or take care of your loved ones (even your furbabies) through our Sick or Carer’s Leave
• Focus on your own growth and development through our Professional Educational Leave
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowances for you to spend on anything that supports your wellbeing. Whether it’s a workshop, an electronic stand-up desk, a gym membership, or dinner with a teammate, we encourage you to do what you need to do in order to thrive.
• Virtual and in-office wellness and development benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistance Programs, Fitness Classes and more to support your physical, mental, and social wellbeing.
• Canva For Good program that matches your not-for-profit donations and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
• A variety of Canva clubs that you can join to connect you to fellow Canvanauts with similar interests. From cycling, skincare, pets, to foodies (and the list goes on), we got you covered! Club activities can also be done remotely or in person.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.