Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
At the moment, this role is focused on:
- Automating and standardising key components of ML workflows (such as infrastructure provisioning, data loading, checkpointing, deployments) and the full ML life cycle, to accelerate the work of other ML engineers.
- Building new platform layers to support data labelling, training and serving at scale.
- Building systems to support training and deploying large models like Deep Learning, Reinforcement Learning, and Large Language ModelsEase maintenance of existing services (e.g. by building frameworks and using a convention-over-configuration approach).
- Working alongside embedded ML and software engineers, incorporating feedback to improve the platform user experience.
You're probably a match if
- 2-3 years of Proven experience building and deploying distributed, data intensive systems with a Product/SaaS company, preferably using Kubernetes, preferably on AWS.
- Strong coding proficiency in Java
- Strong understanding of Computer Science/Engineering fundamentals and first principles covering system design, data structures, architecture, and design patterns
- Experience deploying and maintaining microservices with modern CI/CD pipelines
- Strong collaboration, communication, and stakeholder management skills
- ML fundamentals
- Experience with SQL, Python, Spring, Java reflection
- Experience with any data engineering or analytics stack (e.g. Snowflake).
Preferably with experience in:
About the team
The engineers working on the Personalisation Enablement team are responsible for the delivery of Machine Learning (ML) at scale in the personalisation space. Our mission is to empower Canva to deliver delightful product experiences with personalisation and improved user understanding.
2023 is an incredible time to join the team. We are small but growing rapidly. We serve models that power every user's experience in Canva. The problem space and industry are advancing quickly. You will have direct influence on our ambitious plans to scale AI / ML experiences for over 100 million Canva customers.
We are looking for engineers with exceptional product thinking and data creativity who thrive in fast-paced, high-energy environments to help us build the future of personalisation at Canva.
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.