Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney Australia but in this project you’ll be working remotely from wherever you are located. That means you have the ultimate flexibility. Wherever works for you, works for us.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
As Canva’s reach continues to skyrocket, we aim to make Canva the go-to place for all design needs on the web. This involves ensuring that the thousands of new templates, photos, graphics and videos that are uploaded to the Canva library every week, receive a quality assurance review and inspection.
It is critical that all the beautiful content that is being created and uploaded to Canva every single day by our teams, Creators and partners, is consistently reviewed and inspected for visual and technical quality. This is the cornerstone of providing a world class, safe Template and Element library for all Canva users.
To ensure teachers and students can find resources for every subject, grade, and classroom need right from the Canva marketplace, we are empowering teachers all over the world to add learning resources to our marketplace. We are looking for a skilled and experienced educator, with a strong design eye, to review educational templates and resources created within Canva’s drag-and-drop design tool. The goal will be to assess each template on the overall quality of each design, ensuring we maintain a high standard of quality for content in the Canva marketplace.
The position requires high attention to detail, ability to problem solve and ability to work autonomously. We’re looking for someone who is passionate about maintaining high standards in education and design.
About the Role
- Review templates and resources submitted to the Canva library by Education Creators for their visual quality and educational content.
- Ensure educational content submitted meets curriculum / syllabus standards.
- Ensure visual quality standards for Education Creator templates are met.
- Assess Education Creator applications to the Creators program, to assess their suitability for the program based on skills in design and pedagogy.
- Work closely with the Creators Education team to identify areas of opportunity for Creator growth or improvement.
- Provide feedback and support to Creators Acquisition and Review teams to identify key areas of improvement or refinement within their associated processes.
While we won’t be taking any blood samples, we’d love to see some Startup DNA – you will need to be flexible, pragmatic, strategic, tenacious, and take ownership of deliverables and outcomes – ya gotta have hustle!
Qualities we're looking for:
- You love quality assurance challenges
- Experience in education: you will be assessing content and resources designed for teachers and students so this is a must!
- A strong understanding of educator needs, particularly with classroom practice is desirable.
- An eye for design aesthetics and foundational design principles.
- You have a strong knowledge in cultural sensitivities in Mexico.
- Work flexibly with a fast-moving, evolving product.
- Experience working with different stakeholders, keeping calm under pressure, working well with others and communicating clearly.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions to engage contractors based on your experience, skills and passion. When you signify interest in the Project, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the contractor-accreditation interview process.
Please note that contractor-accreditation meetings are conducted virtually.
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.