Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
About the team
Looking for an exciting role that combines your strong data and analytical skills with a passion for privacy and compliance? Canva is seeking a new Business Analyst (Privacy) to join our Legal function in the Product & Privacy team, to support Canva's global privacy compliance program.
In this new role you will have the opportunity to partner with stakeholders across IT, Data, and Security on impactful company goals and projects. The role will report into a Senior Legal Counsel within the Product & Privacy team.
What you'll do
- Support with translating technical information to assist with Canva’s global privacy and regulatory compliance goals and translate legal requirements to technical teams (Data, Security, IT)
- Partner with the rest of the Privacy and Product team in sourcing data to handle incidents and enquiries from regulators
- Manage the quality of data in OneTrust and other data maps and produce reports as requested
- Data mapping and proposing solutions and controls, in particular to prepare for compliance with new Australian reforms proposed
- Analyse, interpret and map business processes and sophisticated data sets in line with global privacy laws such as the Australian Privacy Act and the GDPR
- Data gathering via interviews and written analysis, whilst developing and maintaining documentation for privacy compliance
We'd love it if you had
- Hands-on experience working on privacy compliance within a large complex international organisation, ideally on large data privacy projects
- Knowledge of the Australian Privacy Act, GDPR, CCPA/CPRA and other key privacy laws
- IAPP certification, such as CIPT would be an advantage
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to interpret data sets
- Experience with SQL and data visualisation tools, along with OneTrust
- Excellent communication and project management skills, and the ability to make complex things simple
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.