Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney, Australia, but with many of our Canvanauts calling the Philippines home, our office in Manila is a buzzing place. Whether your role needs you in the office, at home or a bit of both, we've created an environment that truly empowers you to thrive.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
About the team
The Marketing and Engagement Group’s mission is for Canva “to become the most-loved brand in the world”. We are scaling our team, budgets, and operations to drive brand awareness and growth in our 100+ markets around the world.
Our Mission is to amplify Canva's story across digital touchpoints while driving sustainable growth & revenue through automation and intelligence.
About the Role
We’re looking for a skilled Freelance Graphic Designer to join the Growth Creatives Group of the Creative Team. They will be working closely alongside our in-house creatives to help produce campaigns for our marketing channels and create moving user stories and visuals.
If you’re up for the challenge, you’ll experience all aspects of paid and/or organic advertising from ideation to production.
What you'll do:
- Design, localise, and refresh static ad creatives for our mobile and paid channels campaigns
- Designing Evergreen & Seasonal campaign static assets.
- Work closely with other Graphic Designers, Motion Designers and Production Team in producing elements that will be used in our video ad creatives.
- Research on industry best practices on static ad creatives optimised for paid and mobile trial conversion.
- Communicate the value proposition via layout, typography and color theory
- Update localization components and other resources used in localizing our ads for different markets
- Support scale for global campaigns through creative cascading for various placements and ratios, as well as preparing materials for handover and review
- Creating customized decks for different initiatives of the Marketing team
We'd love it if you have:
- Experience as a graphic designer, creating a diverse range of branding and advertising campaigns.
- Good grasp of brand thinking, can easily understand the Canva visual language and tone of the brand
- Strong visual communication skills, layout experience from typography and colour theory which you can use effectively in producing engaging ad creatives
- A strong portfolio or reel demonstrating your passion for graphic design, branding and advertising
- A working knowledge in Figma, Adobe Photoshop, and Adobe Illustrator. Basic Adobe Premiere and After Effects are a bonus!
- Experience in automation and localization of ads/assets for social media and other platforms using tools such as Smartly.io, or other automation softwares.
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.