Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
Smartmockups group currently consists of almost 40 people working towards our mission to help everybody to mockup anything . We are working on several different products, but they have one common thing - bringing any design to life . The main focus is to have the best mockup experience in Canva, including the homepage tool and in-editor application. Mockup discoverability and integration into Canva are critical for us as it helps Canva reach its goals.
What you’ll do:
- You effectively delegate and empower others to solve problems
- You manage the complexities of multiple stakeholders to drive the team to achieve goals
- You empower others to make decisions and take ownership for delivery and quality of outcomes
- You identify opportunities for collaboration to minimize duplication and deliver shared goals that benefit Canva
- You challenge the views of others in an open and constructive way
- You fully scope out problems and solutions, taking into consideration their impact within and across teams
What we’re looking for:
- You have worked with engineers and have a good understanding of web tech stacks.
- You're familiar with the backend, frontend, and everything in between. You know that an engineer’s job is often to perfect the details; while your job is to map these details to the bigger picture. Background in software engineering is a big plus ++
- You have experience in a product management role; for a consumer-facing SaaS product, related online software product, or digital product.
- You are not afraid to stand in front of others and present your ideas in English.
- You consider yourself a bit of a creative. You enjoy pushing the limits of what is possible, and dreaming up inventive solutions to tackle ambitious problems. You believe in Canva’s mission and want to be part of the team making it possible.
- You are a user advocate that values the backing of research and data analysis when it comes to creating modern solutions, shipping new products, and addressing your users’ real needs.
- You master the process from the initial idea to its final release. You’ve been there, you’ve done that before.
- You are a problem solver who is driven by data and challenge. You have a structured process for problem-solving and can take a problem—with many moving parts—and break it down into small achievable actions. You know when to be flexible though, and can alter your structure to fit the needs of the team and project.
You are familiar with:
- International cooperation experience or global product
- Tools: Slack, Figma, Jira, Confluence
- Helping with road mapping and planning the entire strategy for the group/ company
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.