Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 110+ million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,400 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
*The skills and experience listed in this advert give you a general overview of a Product Design role at Canva*
Here at Canva, we want every Product Designer to bring their own unique set of skills and experience to the team, and that means we know you may not always fit the description of the job adverts. This is why we've created this generic Product Design ad for every Product Designer to apply to.
Maybe you have a unique skill, maybe you're not sure if you're at the right level for a specific role, or maybe you like the sound of multiple roles and would love to work at Canva... well, this role is for you! If you apply for this position, we will consider you for all open and upcoming Product Design roles.
What We Look For
- Experience designing, shipping and iterating on multiple complex digital products/features; leading and owning the end-to-end product design process.
- A portfolio that demonstrates experience in product thinking where you have previously shipped UX/UI design for digital products.
- You are a problem solver able to identify the right problems to solve.
- You are a designer that is constantly inspired—motivating those around you through your passion and drive for what you do.
- You shine through your designs—creating user flows and wireframes that simplify user interactions.
- You are eager to visually communicate your ideas through prototypes to test with users.
- You thrive in a collaborative workplace; partnering with other designers, engineers, product developers and other disciplines throughout the company.
- You appreciate big-picture thinking. While details are everything, creating an experience that always keeps our users in mind is equally as important.
- You enjoy sitting in a room and whiteboarding ideas to confidently come up with simple, elegant solutions that everyone can move forward with.
- You are an empathetic user advocate that values the backing of research and data analysis when it comes to designing modern solutions.
- You enjoy a little flexibility in your work. Our growth means there are constantly new things to work on every day, as such it’s likely that you’ll often be working across the board on new and exciting projects.
What you'll learn at Canva
- How to think beyond mockups and prototypes—applying novel approaches and design thinking to the entire product development cycle.
- How to think creatively and collaboratively into the future. We are passionate, inspired, motivated individuals who are excited by big vision projects that give us all the opportunity to think like a CEO—constantly pushing ourselves.
- How to push your creativity and passion to the limit. How to solve problems that have never been solved before.
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• Equity packages for you to truly be a part of the Canva journey.
• We have a hybrid work model (in-office & from home), with our offices are always open to you balancing flexibility and connection
• Flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development.. because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
• Virtual and in-office wellness benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs and Fitness & Meditation Classes.
• Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations, Force for Good leave (3 paid volunteering days) and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.