Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney, Australia, but with many of our Canvanauts calling the Philippines home, our office in Manila is a buzzing place. Whether your role needs you in the office, at home or a bit of both, we've created an environment that truly empowers you to thrive.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
About the team
Aside from thousands of professionally designed layouts, Canva is also home to millions of photos and graphics for our users to use in their designs. These elements play a big part in creating good design.
Thousands of new ingredients are uploaded in the Canva library every week to ensure we are regularly providing fresh and diverse content for our users. As a Freelance Photo Curator, your task is to ensure that these photos are high-quality and appropriate for our users and the platform.
About the Role
We’re looking for a skilled Freelance Photographer to join the Elements Review Team.
If you’re up for the challenge, you’ll experience all aspects of paid and/or organic advertising from ideation to production.
What you'll do:
- Review photographs in a high-volume, deadline-oriented environment
- Evaluate photos for overall quality, visual trends and technical execution, following Canva’s aesthetic and guidelines.
- Maintain full understanding of expected deadlines and visual preferences.
You'll love this role if:
- Have strong passion and proven experience working with photography and design
- You love quality assurance challengesYou have a stylistic approach and keen understanding of what makes a good content based on design fundamentals and photography principles
- You have an eye for design and can visualize unique content
- You have a keen understanding of user interaction and the importance of usabilityYou enjoy clear, structured and repetitive tasks
We'd love it if you have:
- Have experience as a photographer or photo editing
- A strong understanding of the fundamentals of visual design (lighting, composition, colour etc.)
- A proven ability to select highly relevant, impactful photo styles with a modern aesthetic
- Have quality assurance and operations experience
- Exceptional organisational skillsGreat attention to detail
- Professional portfolio of projects showing exceptional photo content.
- Already BIR registered
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.