Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney, Australia, but with many of our Canvanauts calling the Philippines home, our office in Manila is a buzzing place. Whether your role needs you in the office, at home or a bit of both, we've created an environment that truly empowers you to thrive.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
About The Team Spend
Team Spend is Canva’s Source to Pay team established to upgrade Canva’s spending experience for both internal and external partners. Source-to-Pay is the end-to-end process, systems, policies, and people that support business needs with a third party from identification of that need to posting into our financial systems.
The team's functions include Strategic Sourcing, Purchasing, Accounts Payable, Expense Management, Card Programs, Travel, and Systems & Processes. Our Mission is to enable Canvanauts to focus on their impact by providing the most efficient and frictionless Spend Experience.
What this role will do:
- Day-to-day processing and coding of invoices across the Entities and will be the first point of contact for queries
- Process authorized credit notes, distribution of Invoices for Approval, and resolve vendor bill disputes and rejections
- Reconcile transactions posted in the AP platform and Finance ERP. Investigate bill discrepancies and create adjusting journal entries, as needed.
- Assist with month end closing, including preparation of invoice accruals
- Partner with the wider finance team and business units to work towards their goals, including the setting of relevant metrics / SLAs of the Shared Services function and ensuring they are met consistently
- Assistance with year-end audit activities where necessary
- Ability to identify areas for improvement in the process
What we're looking for:
- A Bachelor’s/College Degree in Finance/Accountancy or an equivalent Business-related course
- 1 to 2 years of end-to-end Accounts Payable experience is required
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and complete tasks with a keen eye for details
- Highly organized with the ability to work within set deadlines
- Basic understanding of Google suite applications and/or the equivalent MS Office apps.
- Experience with NetSuite Oneworld or any ERP is an advantage
- Preferably with experience in Jira but not required
- Customer support experience in a BPO or Shared services organization is desired
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.