Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
About the team
Our People Operations team are at the heart of what makes our people experience world-class and seamless. We are problem solvers and collaborators, with a relentless focus on delivering friction-free employee experiences. Across the entire employee lifecycle, from onboarding all the way to offboarding, and everything in between, People Ops fuels Canva's growth by delivering seamless, scalable, and delightful employee experiences.
About the Role
Our Onboarding team sits within our People Operations team. We’re looking for a lead to coach an incredible team of Onboarding Analysts who provide advice and support to our new Canvanauts onboarding into Canva. You’ll work closely with a wide variety of stakeholders such as IT, Finance, Legal, Talent Acquisition to deliver an exceptional employee onboarding experience.
You’ll thrive in a fast-paced, fluid environment, supporting the day-to-day delivery of HR operational support. If your sweet spot is at the intersection of people, process and technology, and you get a kick out of delivering value to customers, streamlining processes and problem solving for scale, this is the role for you.
This is a 12 months fixed term contract:
Open to remote expressions across Australia and New Zealand.
What you'll do
- Coach a team of Onboarding Analysts who are responsible for sending out contracts, background checks, setting up Workday profiles etc
- Provide advice and support to our new Canvanauts from pre-employment through to their first two weeks at Canva.
- Serve as the point of escalation for the People Shared Services Onboarding team for employee queries.
- Collaborate with various teams and stakeholders to ensure new hires are set up for success during onboarding.
- Proactively identify inefficiencies and drive process improvements.
- Support Canva’s growth in new locations and works with our global teams to ensure alignment across our offices and a consistent onboarding process.
- Work on a wide range of people programs and collaborates closely with teams across the whole People Group.
- Manage onboarding systems, and the implementation of a new ATS Onboarding tool.
What we're looking for
- Experience working in People and Culture. Experience in People Ops or Global Onboarding a bonus.
- Empower and uplift the team through your passion in people development.
- Proven project management with outstanding attention to detail, analytical and organisational skills.
- Experience with tech implementation (such as a new ATS system).
- Excellent communication and influencing skills.
- Can balance working individually and autonomously with working in and alongside a range of teams — you’re comfortable being part of a team, leading projects, or owning things end to end; whatever the job calls for!
- Background working with tech startups or in hyper growth and scaling environments
Please note as this is a fixed term contract, there will be no equity packages or Vibe and Thrive allowance available.
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.