Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 110+ million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,400 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
The Role and Team:
The Sales Strategy & Operations Sr. Analyst will be a member of the Sales Strategy & Operations team in support of Canva’s continued growth. Sales Strategy & Operations sits within the Sales & Success function that is responsible for driving revenue from Fortune 500 as well as mid-market and SMB companies.
The Sales Strategy & Operations function supports Sales & Success in driving revenue in a scalable and sustainable way, through Incentive design and implementation, run the business reporting and analytics, sales tooling, sales process and enablement. This highly visible role is ideal for a motivated individual who can leverage data driven analysis and structured thinking to solve problems. This team member will be expected to develop a deep understanding of Canva’s Sales methodology and the outcomes the business desires to achieve, and use this to develop sales incentives and sales process. In return, this role offers the right candidate the opportunity to help shape the next phase of Canva’s history.
In this role, you will review effectiveness of sales incentive plans, calculate commissions to ensure sales payouts in an accurate and timely manner, provide commission analytics to finance and cross functional stakeholders and provide input to the improvement and refinement of current incentives. In addition, you will be responsible for enhancing the sales process across new, upsell and renewal deals in Canva’s pay as you grow model, working cross functionally with legal, sales, finance and sales systems to advise on the best way to capture standard and non-standard deals keeping in mind efficiency and data integrity.
What you’ll do (Sales Commissions):
- Estimate commissions accruals at the end of each month based on forecast and performance trends in the business.
- Partner closely with sales data analysts who maintain sales performance reportings and forecasting
- Calculate sales commissions quarterly, and own the messaging and explanation of how commissions are calculated to sales as well as sales leadership
- Provide commissions analytics to cross functional stakeholders and sales leadership (e.g. distribution of sales rep performance, commissions paid vs. on target earnings, commissions paid vs. ARR)
- Take data driven approach to evaluate the effectiveness of sales incentive plans across AEs and CSMs, and work with finance and sales leadership to iterate and improve on a bi-annual basis
- Be the expert on the why, how and what around incentive plans. Build trainings in partnership with sales enablement bi-annually when incentive plans are rolled out
- Potentially in the future, evaluate commission tools to scale commissions process
What you'll do (Sales Process)
- Document processes, make recommendations, and assist in systems/process improvements to enhance overall sales reporting accuracy and speed
- Create and improve processes around deal amendments, non-standard deals (e.g. multi-year, pilots, de-bookings, extensions, bridge renewals etc.) to ensure efficiency and data integrity
- Provide support to sales on best practices on capturing deals in Salesforce, and work with sales systems team on implementing changes needed to the Salesforce instance
- Partner with sales enablement team to roll out communication and trainings related to changes in sales process
What we're looking for:
- Bachelors in Engineering, Finance, Economics and/or Accounting or related subject area is required
- Proven experience (~5 years) in Finance, Business Operations or Sales Strategy & Operations in fast growing technology company, especially working closely with Sales and customer success organizations
- Power user of Excel and Google sheets. Deep comfort with using excel formulas to join data across multiple sources (e.g. index/match, vlookups, sumifs, countifs, array formulas etc.)
- Prior experience with Salesforce.com CRM is required, particularly around working with Salesforce.com Opportunity data
- Prior experience calculating sales commissions or working on sales incentives highly preferred
- Understanding of SQL querying nice-to-have
- Outstanding analytical/problem-solving skills
- Phenomenal communication skills and the able to interact with various stakeholders
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• Competitive health benefits plans to support you and your wellbeing
• Equity packages to truly be a part of the Canva journey
• 401(k) retirement plan with company contribution to support you
• Hybrid work model (in-office & from home)
• Flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development.. because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
• Virtual and in-office wellness benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs and Fitness & Meditation Classes.
• Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations, Force for Good leave (3 paid volunteering days) and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.