Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
Presentations & Whiteboards account for over 30 million MAUs and growing. Our doctypes are some of the most loved and well used across Canva's product offering. The on-going mission is to become the #1 platform in the world for storytelling and collaboration.
While we have shipped world class products, there is still much to be done. We have a packed upcoming road map of features that will take both Presentations and Whiteboards to new heights. Expect a strong focus on both AI/ML integration, interactivity, drawing, and other power user features.
What technical skills make a good Presentations & Whiteboards Engineer?
- Passion for great UX, storytelling and collaboration.
- Cross-browser knowledge as we are often driving changes that may have implications across many different browsers, devices, and modalities.
- Problem-solving and algorithm skills.
- Having worked as part of a design system.
- Having worked to build and ship impactful product and/or changes.
- Consideration for performance, especially as it relates to a great product experience.
What people skills make a good Presentations & Whiteboards Engineer?
- Cross-team collaboration - our work does not happen in a vacuum.
- Mentoring - we have a strong culture of growth within the group.
- Strong organisational skills - being good at breaking down tasks and delivering on them.
- Excellent written communication skills - we write a lot of design docs and review a lot of PRs.
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.