Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
At the moment, this role is focused on:
- You will Coach engineers by providing regular, practical feedback and collaboratively help them reach their personal growth goals
- You will set clear goals for the team and rally the team to execution on those goals
- You will ensure that there is a healthy environment for collaboration and the engineering culture within the team is open, pragmatic, and encouraging
- You will own the team’s development methodology and rituals such as sprint planning, stand-ups, retrospectives
- You will lead the team’s technical strategy and roadmap in collaboration with various stakeholders.
- You will write and review design documents, break projects down into milestones, and be responsible for project delivery
- You will also have the opportunity to spend a large portion of your time actively coding, allowing you to maintain your coding skills and contribute directly to the team's projects.
You're probably a match if:
- You are an individual who is able to balance technical, people and delivery leadership to ensure an impactful team.
- You are actively contributing to code in your current team
- You should foster an inclusive culture that allows different specialties (Product Managers, Designers, Finance QA, Data Analysts) to contribute to the team success.
- Experience and expertise is required in relational databases, object oriented language such as Java, APIs, AWS hosting and distributed systems.
- Knowledge in thesubscription space would be highly beneficial.
- Experience in project delivery which will enable you to guide the team to success.
- Previous experience of running a hard-working team and becomes comfortable with delegation and mentor of engineers.
About the team
The Revenue Platform group is deeply rooted within the Growth org at Canva which is responsible for supercharging Canva’s product growth engine. We lead the strategy and roadmap to empower anyone, anywhere to experience the full value of Canva, be it through subscription management, flawless checkout journeys or localised payment experiences.
The Subscriptions subgroup within the Revenue Platform is pivotal in driving Canva's revenue growth and establishing the company as a leader in the subscription-based model for both web and mobile platforms. Comprising of 4 teams, this subgroup is responsible for the development and maintenance of product enablement systems that are instrumental in processing the majority of Canva's revenue. These systems play a significant role in various aspects of the subscription lifecycle, including the curating of product SKUs, subscription plans, pricing, discounting solutions and enabling subscribed users to access premium features at Canva.
The Subscription Foundations team within the Subscriptions subgroup focuses on evolving and optimizing the subscription service by breaking down its complexity into smaller, product focused sub-services. Their mission is to unlock several benefits for the platform, including faster subscription migrations, improved self-service tools, simplified price modifications, and more flexible plan models. By delivering scalable, adaptable, and customer-focused sub-services, the team aims to optimize product operations and accommodate the growing demand for Canva subscriptions.
But don't just take our word for it, check out what Software Engineer - Abbie Wade has to say about working in Engineering at Canva -
" The challenges that I am solving do not have a known solution, which means I get to create and innovate each day."
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
- Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
- Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
- An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
- Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.