Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
At the moment, the role is focused on:
- developing and implementing a data strategy that enables best practice data pipelines to surface the required data and insights
- finding insights that help us understand both Canva and our staff - we want you to be creative and insightful, rather than just throwing the usual metrics at the wall to see what sticks
- building, owning and reporting key metrics for your group’s initiatives, and make them look really good - you don’t need to be a designer or have any design talent, you just need to want to build cool things
- working closely with multiple collaborators and taking the initiative to keep things moving. Identifying the opportunities where your team can make the largest impact and you see it through
- owning projects, data models, dashboards, and other artifacts and keep them up-to-date and high quality in a hyper growth environment
- empowering the data capability and literacy across the People group, with a view to drive the team to self-serve data needs.
You're probably a match if:
- you have demonstrable experience leading data specialists, defining team strategy, and data roadmaps in the people/HR analytics space.
- you've got proven competency with SQL; experience with data warehouses such as Snowflake, Redshift, or BigQuery, as well as experience building and maintaining ETL pipelines is a plus!
- you have experience with building dashboards that effectively communicate results and outcomes
- you have the ability to take ambiguous problems and solve them in a structured, hypothesis-driven, data-supported way
- you have demonstrated strategic & long-term thinking with pragmatic excellence in execution.
About the team
The People Analytics Team is a relatively new team. We currently support our crazy big People group goal to become a data motivated people organisation by using rich data and insights to inform program design and decisions related to all aspects of our people and culture experience such as hiring, growth & development, performance, total rewards, wellbeing & engagement, retention, DEI and belonging.
In this role, you'll be a strategic thinker who can tackle ambiguous problems, and deliver people insights which can bring clarity to our People leadership team.
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
- Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
- Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
- An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
- Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.