Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time-consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney, Australia but in this project you’ll be working remotely from wherever you are located. That means you have the ultimate flexibility. Wherever works for you, works for us.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
About the Team
Canva’s entire vision revolves around “empowering the world to design”, but this happens through many channels and experiences—all of which require exceptional content. Content with a strong voice and empathy for our users is crucial for us to deliver on this vision. We need to hold a megaphone to our brand pillars and become best-in-class creators across every channel.
Canva offers a vast collection of customizable templates for various design types, themes and topics. These templates, found on our templates page and on the editor, are professionally designed layouts that feature stunning elements from our massive media library and high-quality copy relevant to each design’s purpose or to user preference.
Template copy refers to the text featured on these customizable layouts. Copywriters are sent the category (design type) and subcategory (theme) for each template request along with the specified text fields and character counts. It is their responsibility to supply the text required following these requirements and Canva’s writing guidelines.
About the Role
As a Copywriter at Canva, it’s your mission to create content that makes complex things simple and to give ordinary people the ability to make extraordinary things. We place a strong emphasis on the success of our users, and content in all forms has a big impact on that. This could include copy for social advertising, branding campaigns, EDMs, landing pages, UI copy and more.
You will have the opportunity to work on one of the fastest-growing platforms in the world and all the content that promotes and enriches it. This is a rare opportunity for copywriters accustomed to working independently and are looking to develop their craft by challenging themselves creatively.
What you’ll do
- Create unique and well-researched copy relevant to the designated project, category, subcategory or topic, focusing on bespoke social media content
- Ensure each output adheres to the specified amount of text fields or character count for each designated project, category, subcategory or topic.
- Adapt to Canva’s friendly and informative tone.
- Consistently meet the required minimum output by the specified deadline.
- Consistently meet the 90% weekly output quality rating.
What we're looking for
- You have a good grasp of the Japanese language, in terms of sentence construction, spelling, and grammatical structure. And because less than 50% of our community is English-speaking, you consider your output carefully.
- Working knowledge of English language - technically strong with a flair for either structured or creative style of writing.
- You are meticulous with details, style, and tone, writing with clarity and empathy to deliver what is needed.
- You are quick with ideas, coming up with original template copies that can catch our user’s eye, but can still match Canva’s voice and brand guidelines.
- You have a good understanding of your culture and the social community, applying those learnings to the copies you produce.
- You have an eye for social trends and the evolving language that comes with them.
- You are able to understand a brief from stakeholders, research accordingly, and convert that brief into excellent template copy to meet the project’s needs.
To apply, please share with us:
- A link or PDF to your portfolio/work samples
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions to engage contractors based on your experience, skills and passion. When you signify interest in the Project, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the contractor-accreditation interview process.
Please note that contractor-accreditation meetings are conducted virtually.
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.