Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship office is in Sydney, Australia, but we've made our way from down under, to hubs in Austin and San Francisco, which are now home to our US operations. So whether you're in Texas or California, you have choice in where and how you work in each of those states. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
About the Group
At Canva, our new B2B Marketing Group is responsible for driving growth in our enterprise customer base through strategic and impactful marketing initiatives. Comprising dedicated professionals in product marketing, customer marketing, campaigns, field marketing, events, and execution, this dynamic team is committed to pioneering innovative strategies that propel Canva to the forefront of the industry. With a focus on engaging and expanding our enterprise customer base, our B2B Marketing Group leverages cutting-edge techniques, impactful campaigns, and strategic event planning to drive growth and enable us to hit our ambitious ARR goals.
About the Role
As the Events and Field Marketing Lead at Canva, you will be at the forefront of shaping our B2B marketing strategy by overseeing the planning, execution, and optimization of events, field marketing initiatives, and webinars. This pivotal role demands a unique blend of strategic thinking and hands-on expertise. You will be responsible for developing innovative event concepts, creating impactful field marketing campaigns, and hosting engaging webinars that strengthen Canva’s presence and drive business growth.
At the moment, this role is focused on:
- Strategic Leadership: Develop and drive the overarching strategy for events, field marketing, and webinars in alignment with Canva’s B2B marketing objectives, mapping out an events mix across tentpole, industry and high touch events that drives B2B growth. Lead a team and foster a collaborative environment to execute the strategy effectively.
- Event Conceptualization: Ideate and create innovative event concepts and experiences that resonate with the target audience, driving brand awareness, engagement, and lead generation.
- Field Marketing Excellence: Plan and execute localized field marketing campaigns, collaborating closely with sales teams to identify opportunities, nurture prospects, and support customer retention efforts.
- Webinar Strategy: Set the vision and goals for our B2B webinars, ensuring they are driving growth and meeting customer needs
- Cross-Functional Collaboration: Work closely with internal teams such as product marketing, sales, and content creation to ensure alignment and cohesion across all marketing initiatives.
- Data-Driven Optimization: Utilize data analytics to measure the impact of events, field marketing activities, and webinars. Provide insights and recommendations to optimize future campaigns and improve ROI.
- Budget Management: Manage the budget for events, field marketing, and webinars efficiently, allocating resources judiciously to maximize outcomes and deliver exceptional experiences within financial constraints.
What we're looking for:
- Event Expertise: Minimum 10 years of experience in event management and field marketing, with a focus on B2B marketing in the SaaS industry. Proven track record of planning and executing successful events and campaigns across tentpole, industry and high touch events.
- Leadership Skills: Proven experience in leading and inspiring teams, driving collaboration, and achieving results in a fast-paced environment.
- Strategic Vision: Strong strategic mindset with the ability to develop and execute comprehensive marketing strategies for events, field marketing, and webinars that align with business goals.
- Craft Skills: Exceptional creativity and attention to detail, with the ability to craft compelling event experiences and engaging marketing campaigns.
- Analytical Acumen: Proficiency in data analysis and using insights to drive decision-making and optimize marketing initiatives.
- Communication: Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to articulate complex ideas clearly and persuasively.
$195,000 - $298,000 a year
At Canva we value fairness, and we strive to provide competitive, market-informed compensation whilst ensuring internal equity within the team in each region. We make hiring decisions based on your skills, experience and our overall assessment of what we observed and learnt in the hiring process. The target salary range for this position is $195,000 to $298,000. When calculating offers, we make salary decisions based on market data and candidates' skills and experience.
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
- Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
- Health benefits plans to support you and your wellbeing
- 401(k) retirement plan with company contribution
- Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
- An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
- Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.