Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
About the UX Research team
At Canva, our users are at the heart of everything we do. Our UX Research team plays a vital role in the vision and success of our company. One of the best things about Canva is how much everyone across the business cares about users and improving their experience - you’ll never have to sell anyone on the value of user research.
Our team conducts qualitative and quantitative research to inform design decisions, product strategies, and identify opportunities. We believe that research findings are most powerful when they’re out of reports, and actively being applied and used by product teams. Researchers partner with PMs, designers, engineers, and marketers to help them better understand Canva’s multi-faceted user base, solve complex challenges, and improve the product experience for millions of users worldwide.
Our research team is diverse, collaborative, and supportive. We each bring unique strengths and interests to the group and encourage each other to grow in our craft every day.
About the Supergroup
The extraordinary growth Canva has experienced to date has been primarily bottom-up and led from within our product, and the Growth ‘supergroup’ is Canva’s centre of excellence for product-led growth.
On a mission to Empower the world to enjoy the full value of Canva, this cross-functional, global org of 265+ passionate people, is made up of four product groups, Activation & Engagement, Monetisation, Expansion, and Revenue Platform, and two B2B sales motion groups, High Velocity and Sales & Success.
The work Growth does spans from building exciting new growth-focused products and experiences, developing unique and creative growth loops and GTM tactics, launching 100s of experiments each quarter, building the global payments & subscriptions infrastructure that allows our 100M+ monthly users worldwide to access our premium products, through to scaling sales to high value enterprise customers.
About the Expansion group
The Expansion group is on a mission to empower our users to do their best work on Canva with everyone they need, and to help users advocate for and bring others into Canva in meaningful, valuable ways. We’re laser focused on driving impact on key metrics for team creation and consolidation, growing paid teams through self-serve and sales-assisted motions, and adoption of Canva amongst teams and as an essential tool for collaboration.
We partner with other product groups and teams, leveraging our mature experimentation framework, data and research capabilities to maximise the impact and performance of all the amazing features that Canva launches on a regular basis. We have come a long way, but we have huge company growth aspirations and crazy big goals; as a design researcher joining the Expansion group you’ll be critical in helping us make Canva a household name.
About the role
We’re searching for a senior UX Researcher to join a team of researchers within the Expansion group in the Growth supergroup. Research projects you’ll own directly tie to Canva’s company-wide strategies and goals, so increasing user understanding and identifying key product opportunities is of critical importance.
Your sphere of ownership includes:
- Owning the research studies across the Expansion group, including proactively identifying gaps in knowledge.
- Executing a program of research to gather insights about our B2B and enterprise userbase, including collaborating with researchers in other groups.
- Ensuring all research conducted across the group is high quality; helping elevate research findings into truly design-inspiring and business-impacting insights.
- Influencing product and business decisions at the senior leadership level, sharing research insights and opportunities, and acting as the voice of the customer.
As a UX Research craft lead, you’ll have ownership over research within your group, as well as impact across other groups and supergroups company-wide as an advocate of the B2B user segment. You’ll work with researchers across the Design Research sub-specialty, providing craft leadership expertise that inspire others to maximize their own performance. We value autonomy, setting crazy big goals, personal growth, and self-reflection.
What you'll do
- Own and champion insights on the B2B user segment. Leverage team cadences and company platforms to be a visible spokesperson for B2B users across the business, spreading awareness of the behaviors, needs and pain-points of business and enterprise users. Collaborate with other subject matter experts across the business working in the same space to consolidate and share insights that inform goal planning and roadmaps company-wide.
- Lead and conduct strategic research projects that contribute directly to company strategies and goals. Deeply understanding the customer journey of healthy teams, from team formation and joining a team to self-serve expansion to sales-assisted expansion to fully engaged enterprise customers. Equally, gain insights as to when and how teams can form unhealthy behavioral patterns.
- Lead and conduct research projects for your group, aligned to product and business objectives, and be able to adjust these if/when priorities shift
- Act as a trusted, strategic partner to group and program leads (Design, Product, Engineering, Data) through your team delivering research insights that lead to demonstrable business value. Work closely with leads to apply research findings and implement them in their short-and long-term strategy.
- Collaborate with Canva’s Head of Research and other leaders in the team, contributing to our overall practice. Bring your expertise, ideas and initiative to level up our collective craft and impact.
- Bolster and contribute to a strong research culture within the Growth supergroup. For example, showcasing research insights in supergroup-wide presentations and workshops with cross-functional teams and executives.
Experience you'll have:
- The ideal candidate is a qualitative researcher with 5+ years of experience leading research studies: planning, recruiting, executing, analyzing, and activating. We expect to hear examples of how your research influenced product and design team decision-making.
- Experience as a Design Research Lead, directing and planning research strategy across multiple projects.
- You have strong skills and confidence in communicating about, and advocating for, user research with senior stakeholders and leadership.
- You have a strong grasp of qualitative and quantitative research methodologies. You can flex research plans creatively based on constraints and context, clearly communicating trade-offs to stakeholders.
- You thrive in a fast-paced work environment that requires strong problem-solving skills, autonomy, and driving forward through ambiguity. You can juggle multiple priorities and handle change.
- You have experience closely collaborating with product teams (PM, Design, Engineering, Marketing, Data, and more). You enjoy collaborating with stakeholders throughout projects, and consider bringing them along the journey to be an essential part of the process.
- You have experience helping People Who Do Research (e.g. designers and PMs) become better researchers. For example, providing feedback on research plans, interview technique, or final reports.
- You have strong communication and facilitation skills. Whether it’s during a workshop, presentation, or even a Slack message - you have an innate ability to rally a team together and inspire change.
- You always keep your ear to the ground for relevant insights happening across the organization, understanding the implications and opportunities, and bringing them back to your team.
This role will be based in Australia OR New Zealand. If successful, we would of course support you with relocation costs and visas (if eligible).
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
- Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
- Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
- An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
- Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.