Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney, Australia, but with many of our Canvanauts calling the Philippines home, our office in Manila is a buzzing place. Whether your role needs you in the office, at home or a bit of both, we've created an environment that truly empowers you to thrive.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
About the Enterprise Design Team - Launch Crew
Launch Crew is the design arm of our Sales & Success team, creating on-brand templates for our many global partners that use Canva for their organization. Working with strategic and enterprise clients is this team’s specialty, and we form an exciting bridge between our clients and their success on Canva. We work directly with global clients to integrate, educate and enable their organizations to use Canva in the best and most efficient possible way.
Our team of creative professionals provides strategic guidance, facilitates engaging educational opportunities and even creates assets to enable a client's internal teams to use Canva with ease and confidence. The Launch Crew team contributes directly to Canva’s business success by helping acquire, retain and grow businesses on the platform.
Want to join Canva?
As a Senior Designer on the team, you’ll have an exciting opportunity to shape the future of Canva. In this role, you’ll help our diverse range of strategic and enterprise clients meet their goals by elevating their branded toolkits through white glove-tailored design services in Canva with an emphasis on business collateral design.
You will have the opportunity to showcase the power of Canva and improve the design experience for our client and their teams. The Senior Designer contributes directly to Canva’s success by helping clients grow their content libraries and inform Canva’s product development through education and qualitative and quantitative data captured in the projects.
What you’ll do...
- Work with a wide range of exciting global clients from all different industries
- Craft bespoke designs for clients' brands
- Provide strategic and creative advice on how a client can make the most of Canva, specifically for Canva's paid subscription - Canva for Teams
- Think strategically when working on projects and making design suggestions by optimally and efficiently partnering with teammates across different functions
- Maintain outstanding quality of work and make sure all designs adhere to the clients brand guidelines
- Ensure templates are ‘unbreakable’, cohesive, and built for usability before sending to the client
- Work and collaborate with the team to improve Launch Crew's offering
- Be confident in facilitating online training and design empowerment sessions to customers and stakeholders
- Help in the process of gathering data and insights to advise the product development team
- An extensive and impactful experience as a Senior Designer/Brand Designer or another lead role crafting a diverse range of designs
- An exceptional sense of grid structure and text hierarchy
- The ability to adapt brand guidelines to multiple uses
- The ability to initiate and lead design projects alongside their accounts
- A strong portfolio demonstrating your passion for designing clean, elegant, and beautiful designs
- The ability to work collaboratively in a global creative team environment
- Interpersonal skills and confident in presenting your craft to external facing audiences
- An impressive project and time management skills to effectively rally teams towards your goals
- Affinity with UX design is not a must, but a great bonus!
Competencies for success
- We shortlist by reviewing not just your CV but more importantly, your portfolio. Quality over quantity matters more to us – so bring out your best design works!
- You work well under pressure. You can work with tight requirements and work around tight deadlines
- While we won’t be taking any blood samples, we’d love to see some Startup DNA – you will need to be flexible, pragmatic, strategic, tenacious, and take ownership of deliverables and outcomes – ya gotta have hustle!
Hear more about our culture, the work we do in the Design specialty, straight from our Manila Designers !
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
- Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
- Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
- An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
- Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.