Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney Australia but in this project you’ll be working remotely from wherever you are located. That means you have the ultimate flexibility. Wherever works for you, works for us.
About the Team
The Content Team’s mission is to make sure that the content in Canva is the best overall quality library of resources available. Its mission is to create high-quality, highly usable, on trend and super relevant content to fulfill a user’s need and to become the go-to place for all things related to design, for both our inhouse designers and our users.
Our Production Team is further divided into smaller teams that work on specific parts of the library.
About the Role
Canva is on a mission to democratise design through the localisation of our products -- and one of the ways we’re doing that is by making sure we have a library full of high-quality, market-bespoke photography for our Japanese & South Korean market. It’s not enough just to have content that is translated from English, we want to be sure that all users have access to content that reflects the design aesthetics and trends in their market.
You’ll be on a mission to ensure that content within the Canva editor is high quality, fresh, inspiring, and caters to every user. In addition to sourcing and managing content, the team is dedicated to improving the contributor experience as well as promoting the best content to Canva users.
We’re interested in engaging an Art Director based in Japan or South Korea on a 6 month project where you’ll be creating a variety of photography for our library.
We’re looking for someone with exceptional organisational skills and a strong design/creative background to help produce content and direct production for the Canva library, manage some administrative tasks and provide artistic direction and quality assurance when necessary.
What you’ll do
- Leading project based work, producing all types of content based on content gaps, user requests, trends, etc. from pre-production planning to post production
- Researching relevant content and styles
- Creating detailed briefs
- Liaising with creatives during the entire production process
- Coordinating with in-house teams and making sure their content requests are being produced
- Working closely with Creative team leads in ensuring goals for the season are met
- Sourcing, screening and managing our global network of creativesTracking and reviewing submissions/applications to ensure we get the best content for our users
- Producing and creating in-house content
What we're looking for
- Experience as a Senior Creative and/or Producer creating a diverse range of Content
- Experience working in and leading a small team of creatives, and providing professional support and development for junior creatives
- A passion for writing simple and clear briefs, with demonstrated experience in commissioning all types of creatives
- A strong portfolio demonstrating your passion for designing clean, elegant, and beautiful designs
- Have a good eye for composition and are up to date with styles and trends
- Have in depth technical knowledge
- The confidence to try new things, and a passion for big ideas and storytelling
- The ability to work collaboratively in a creative team environment
- Diligence to hit deadlines, and offer suggestions to streamline and improve team processes.
To apply, please submit
- Your resume
- Your updated portfolio