Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney, Australia, but with many of our Canvanauts calling the Philippines home, our office in Manila is a buzzing place. Whether your role needs you in the office, at home or a bit of both, we've created an environment that truly empowers you to thrive.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
At this moment, this role is focused on:
Working closely with the Curator Leads and the team to upkeep the quality standards set for photos and graphics admitted into the Canva library, covering a range of styles, topics, and categories. With the growth of our Creators and the big uptick of elements uploaded for use in our library, we are always eager to look for fresh eyes to continue to broaden Canva’s offering of quality content. Our team’s scope of work includes – but is not limited to – review, quality assurance, audits, and content moderation.
We are the first line of defense not just in ensuring that elements found within Canva are of the best quality, but most importantly to ensure that these elements are safe to use and appropriate for all users. As a member of the Elements Review Operations Team , you will have the opportunity to build, invigorate and strengthen Canva’s content library, supporting our user’s drive to design.
What you'll do:
- You'll review graphics in a high-volume, deadline-conscious environment
- You'll evaluate graphics for its overall quality, visual trends and technical execution, following Canva’s aesthetic and guidelines
- You'll run graphics content moderation through quality audits as requested
- You'll plan strategically, work closely with the Graphics Curation Lead and other stakeholders in implementing projects sought at improving the team’s review processes and tools
- You'll perform calibrations with the team to maintain high QA alignment rate among contractors
- You'll be generating monthly data reports on review quality trends
- You'll need to maintain a full understanding of expected deadlines and visual preferences
- You'll do contractor management administrative tasks in liaison with our Contractor Manager
What we're looking for:
- You have at least 1 to 2 years experience as a graphic designer, illustrator, creative project manager or contractor manager
- You have a portfolio of projects showing exceptional different graphic style content
- You have a stylistic approach and great understanding of what makes a good content based on design fundamentals in visual design and popular trends (lighting, composition, branding, color, typography, etc.)
- You have a proven track record to select highly relevant, usable and impactful graphic styles with a modern aesthetic
- You have a keen understanding of user interaction and the importance of usability
- You have the curiosity about working with data and analyzing corresponding trends
- You like solving team process-related problems by formulating agile strategies—bonus if you could spot problems before they arise!
- You are experienced in running ad hoc projects for the team through task delegation, expectations-setting, and communicating with collaborators
- You have a tried & tested understanding of a wide range of worldly awareness on cultural references and concepts in order to guide reviews according to our policies, especially valuing inclusive, diverse and safe for school graphic content
- You are able to conduct review and audits on highly sensitive topics that can possibly be triggering
- You have outstanding organizational skills (be self-organized) and excellent attention to detail
- You have good communication skills in raising issues and blockers to stakeholders right away
- You are able to perform well in deadline-conscious environment
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
- Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
- Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
- An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
- Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.