Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship office is in Sydney, Australia, but we've made our way from down under, to hubs in Austin and San Francisco, which are now home to our US operations. So whether you're in Texas or California, you have choice in where and how you work in each of those states. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
At the moment, this role is focused on:
Playing a crucial role in building the next stage of our reporting and technical accounting capabilities to ensure Canva's financial statements are timely, accurate and consistent. You will apply our technical knowledge of US GAAP to support the decision making of our business partners and translate our financial results in order for management and investors to better understand our overall financial picture.
A Day in the Life:
- You will support the development and execution of the financial reporting operations strategy under US GAAP by implementing repeatable and robust processes to prepare US GAAP-compliant financial statements.
- You will manage timelines for financial statement preparation and work collaboratively with various business partners to ensure such timelines are met.
- You’ll ensure accuracy, completeness, and integrity of the company's financial statements in accordance with US GAAP through the implementation of robust controls.
- You will support accounting, FP&A, and investor relations with quarterly internal and external reporting needs.
- You’ll perform technical accounting research and prepare/review technical memorandums that document issues and conclusions in a clear, logical and comprehensive manner.
- You’ll implement new accounting standards and practices and ensure compliance with industry regulations.
- You will provide research or training to business and accounting positions regarding complex accounting issues.
You're Probably a Match If:
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- You demonstrate the ability to work with large data sets and large number of team members.
- You have exceptional organizational skills to balance deadlines with available resources.
- You pay meticulous attention to detail.
- You come with a solid understanding of US GAAP and SEC reporting requirements.
- You are able to work independently and prioritize critical tasks.
- You have experience with reporting tools such as Workiva.
- You’re enthusiastic about building great teams and solutions.
$102,000 - $184,000 a year
At Canva we value fairness, and we strive to provide competitive, market-informed compensation whilst ensuring internal equity within the team in each region. We make hiring decisions based on your skills, experience and our overall assessment of what we observed and learnt in the hiring process. The target salary range for this position is $102,000 - $184,000. When calculating offers, we make salary decisions based on market data and candidates' skills and experience.
About the team
Canva’s accounting team is a part of the Finance and Legal Group which is predominantly based in Australia and has growing teams in the Philippines, EMEA, and the United States.
As the Canva business grows, we are exposed to a broader range of external stakeholders, regulators and reporting requirements. The Accounting team is responsible for the close process and brings clarity to the chaos that comes with a company experiencing hypergrowth.
We work to build trust and reliability in all our financial information, making sure all our accounting positions are understandable both within the company and by our external stakeholders and regulators.
No two days are the same at Canva. You could be advising on a commercial transaction and its external reporting impacts one minute, and be managing the implementation of a new process for the financial statements.
But don't just take our word for it, check out what Corporate Accountant - Paddy Nordstrom has to say about working in Finance at Canva -
"I support the wider finance squad with any tricky technical accounting, as well as ensuring our financial reporting withstands external scrutiny. Every day Canvanaut's are coming up with crazy big goals (and making them happen!), which means lots of new and funky accounting challenges."
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
- Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
- Health benefits plans to support you and your wellbeing
- 401(k) retirement plan with company contribution
- Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
- An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
- Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.