Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney Australia but in this project you’ll be working remotely from wherever you are located. That means you have the ultimate flexibility. Wherever works for you, works for us.
About the Team
The vision for i18n (Internationalisation) Templates is to provide Truly Local templates for users of Canva around the world.
Our mission is to make Canva the go-to place for everyone’s design needs not only by creating thousands of templates anyone can customize but also by ensuring that our collection is the best out there. We don’t just want to make regular templates: we’re adding special behavior and features to these templates to make them easier for users. Also, we want to ensure all international templates meet excellent quality criteria by creating standards and processes that encompass both cultural relevance and Canva design principles.
About the Role
The Content Specialist provides initiative, direction, and support to build the best template library in the world through one of the most crucial aspects of a design: it's content. You'll be working closely with a vibrant and friendly team consisting of a Creative Lead, Copywriters, and Designers in charge of the many template campaigns that the product has to offer. This is an opportunity to strategize and develop exceptional ideas from the ground up, influence the product's overall direction, and create fresh, relevant, and usable content for our users.
What you’ll do
- Editing existing templates according to the quality standards provided by our team of designers
- Build template projects alongside the local Creative Lead and move the needle through thorough research based on an understanding and analysis of user data
- Hands-on copy assigning, reviewing, editing, and creation across different content categories such as presentations, brochures, cards, infographics, and more for the Japanese Team.
- Review the copy created by our team of copywriter-contractors weekly, as well as create copy briefs, distribute assignments, provide feedback, and monitor their progress.
- Champion daily content and coordination requirements for templates and ensure that all our weekly copies are requested and reviewed on time.
- Improve style and tone in copy delivery on a weekly basis and inform new style guides as and when needed for our swiftly growing content library.
What we're looking for
- Have Intermediate to professional understanding and work experience in copywriting and copy editing, developing a keen appreciation of local and international writing trends
- Excellent grasp of the local language (Japanese) - technically strong with a flair for either structured or creative style of writing
- Enjoy writing or editing a variety of different topics (from greeting cards to promotional copies, business presentations, creative newsletters and the like)
- Have a strong eye for detail in order to catch typos, grammatical lapses and the different nuances of requested topics
- Able to give helpful and constructive feedback as well as coaching to offsite copywriters
To apply for the role, please submit:
- Work samples