Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Kamusta, hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora, 你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time-consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney, Australia, but with many of our Canvanauts calling the Philippines home, our office in Manila is a buzzing place. Whether your role needs you in the office, at home or a bit of both, we've created an environment that truly empowers you to thrive.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
At the moment, this role is focused on:
- Driving growth through data and innovatio n - Feel empowered to be creative and insightful, especially in exploring new technologies, methodologies, and best practices to improve the metrics of the Specialist Operations (SO) team
- Bringing chaos to clarity - Analyze and identify areas for improvements in Customer Happiness Team’s operations by conducting research, deep investigations, and workflows and business procedure analyses
- Being a well of wisdom - Formulate recommendations and coordinate with varying, diverse teams within our User Voice Group to ensure action plans for operational efficiency have follow-through
- Creating local, impacting global - Help the business build and implement new systems and processes, consequently to set the SO team up for success at scale
- Exploring your depth and own your growth - Take charge of your own experiences; have ad-hoc involvement and support in wider initiatives across varying teams
- Getting the fundamentals right - Ensure that as Canva grows, our BAU scales with it. This means you can:
- Create a short-term capacity plan by building optimal schedules
- Formulate and see through the completion of strategic and tactical staffing solutions
- Monitor customer service operations in real-time: detecting possible deviations in demand and/or supply
- Enable quick decision-making to adapt to various situations and incorporate into capacity planning discussions
- Support execution of business contingency plans
- Publish relevant operational reports to advise action planning and strategy
- Collaborate with stakeholders to achieve desired service level outcomes
You're probably a match if:
- Proven experience in Workforce Management within customer service or contact center operations, leading with a bias for action
- At a minimum, intermediate level capability in Excel/Google sheets
- Familiarity with extracting operational insights from large and complex data sets to ultimately drive business decisions
- Passion for all things data, especially to drive decisions and results
- Customer centricity, complemented by a big-picture approach to understanding user issues
- A drive for communication and partnership to ensure goals are met, able to confidently give directions while keeping several plates spinning at the same time
- An outstanding record of meeting and exceeding targets
- Tested ability to navigate ambiguity and complexity, in tandem with the flexibility to respond quickly to changes in day-to-day operations
- Grace and patience under fire; able to present in front of large groups, navigate through ambiguity; and demonstrate composure in stressful situations
About the team
Global User Voice Enablement Team (fondly called GrUVE), is on a mission to delight Canva users with every support interaction, by scalably empowering every customer specialist to deliver excellent quality support.
The GrUVE team will cover Work Force Management, Content, Learning and Development, Vendor Management, Process Design, Quality and Specialist Tools Enablement.
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
-Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
-An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
-Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.
We'd love if you have
- Experience in deep-diving into operations management, root cause analysis, strategic planning, and project management
- Solid understanding of end-to-end Workforce Management and the ability to operationalize large, real-world data sets
- Specific experience in Customer Service operations
- In-depth experience with WFM and/or Business Intelligence tools
- Basic SQL skills
- A grounding in mathematics and/or statistics (a bachelor's degree in STEM is preferred)