Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time-consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney Australia but in this project you’ll be working remotely from wherever you are located. That means you have the ultimate flexibility. Wherever works for you, works for us.
About the Team
Canva is on a mission to democratise design through the localisation of our products -- and one of the ways we’re doing that is by making sure we have a library full of high-quality, market-bespoke contents for all of our key markets. It’s not enough just to have content that is translated from English, we want to be sure that all users have access to content that reflects the design aesthetics and trends in their market.
Working closely with the International Templates team, you’ll be involved in localising design templates in our content library for this specific market.
Our template library needs a range of fresh, varied, and beautiful designs - so we’re after self-motivated designers who would love to have room for creative freedom in answering briefs.
About the Role
Localised templates play a huge role in helping Canva connect with international markets, which make up the majority of the platform’s MAUs. We produce content by taking existing templates and localising them to other top-priority locales. Through this process, we can produce thousands of templates at the same pace other teams could create a few hundred, allowing us to quickly scale Canva’s international libraries to fill in gaps in SEO, trends, popular doctypes, and more.
While we use a translation vendor for the base translations, the quality isn’t up to par with audience-facing standards, and the lack of a localised touch to the design can result in culturally sensitive topics slipping into the libraries. We solve this problem by employing Localisation Reviewers who are experts in their assigned markets—allowing us to produce content with a human touch, made through a linguistic and design perspective aligned with the target market. By preserving the quality of Canva’s international libraries, international users can become confident at using Canva, increasing opportunities for user acquisition, long-term interest, corporate partnerships, and the like.
We are looking for a skilled and experience native/fluent Filipino localisation reviewer to review translated templates, including posters, invitations, social media graphics, presentations, print materials, and more, created using Canva’s drag-and-drop design tool. The goal will be to localise content from English to Tagalong by adjusting language and updating design to be more in line with the Philippines market.
What you'll be doing:
Review templates by providing language feedback, and implementing language and design fixes on the following areas:
- Language Quality and Flow (grammar, punctuation, spelling errors/typos, cohesiveness, etc)
- Adherence to guidelines and brand tone of voice
- Design issues (improper line breaks in text, inappropriate/incorrect/controversial imagery, font replacement, etc)
- Redesigning as necessary
What we're looking for
- Experienced as a Graphic, Brand, or Visual Designer –– preferably with proficiency in using Canva.
- With a strong foundation and stylistic approach to design, with a keen understanding in visual, cultural, and popular trends, especially in the Filipino market.
- Fluent Tagalong and English speaker with an excellent grasp of the language. Please do not apply if you are not fluent in these two languages.
- Have an understanding of Philippines' culture, trends, news, controversies, history, conflict, and can stay up-to-date with the local scene to create templates with appropriate and non-discriminatory, non-sensitive content.
- Have an understanding of Filipino cultural sensitivities to ensure that content is appropriate for the market, both from a social and legal perspective.
- Ability to read and follow strict guidelines, and communicate coherently and properly.
- A passion for good design, with great attention to detail.