What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
- This is an individual contributor role , where you will lead and be accountable for projects, processes and craft mentorship without having any formal people management responsibilities.
- Build the best-in-class experience for our subscriptions and premium customers. You'll lead research initiatives and take key findings to inspire new ideas and improve the existing experience.
- Vision and strategy: You’ll work closely with subgroup leads, your triad and team to define and articulate the product strategy and vision for the future of subscriptions at Canva as we scale our adoption across markets and in the world's largest organisations
- Research: You’ll deeply understand competitors, trends, patterns, best practices, UX design inspiration, and user and business insights
- Collaboration: You'll collaborate and build relationships with teams both within and outside of the Revenue Platform group. You'll work closely with your triad, team and group leadership to create a subscriptions platform that supports millions of customers
- Prioritisation: You'll work closely with your triad to lead the defining, shaping and delivery of your team's roadmap - linking feature ideas to business outcomes and customer needs to prioritise our biggest opportunities for creating impact.
Goals that you'll achieve:
- Build your Canva network: Understand who your key stakeholders are, get to know them and work out best ways of collaborating
- Understand the business: Understanding our Visual Suite, our Free, Pro and Teams plans and the role our Group plays in enabling and supporting revenue growth throughout the customer engagement journey
- Understand the Group: Build domain experience within Revenue Platform, getting to know our teams, strategies and the levers and metrics we directly influence
- Understand our customer: Work with product and research to surface and articulate insights into our subscriptions product, our biggest lever in revenue
- Understand our vision: Work with product leads to understand our vision for subscriptions. How we’ll drive and grow revenue. How we’ll turn Canva into the world’s most valuable company (while doing the most good). How we’ll empower our customers. How we’ll empower our own teams
- Evolve our roadmap: Work with your cross-functional triad to refine the product roadmap for our subscriptions product
What we are looking for:
- End-to-end Product Design Experience. You've designed and shipped multiple products or features across various platforms.
- Highly Collaborative Approach. You're happiest when working closely with other Designers, Engineers and Product Managers. You value feedback and brainstorming ideas.
- Problem-first mindset. You're obsessed with identifying gaps/opportunities and enjoy deeply investigating ambiguous problems.
- Effective Communication skills. You create clarity through your communication by making complex things simple. You can confidently present your ideas and tell a compelling story to the broader team.
- Data Fluency. You love using data to evaluate user problems, inform your design solutions and measure success.
- Pragmatism. You know when to be scrappy to get something delivered, and when to push back to really uncover the root user need
- Strong engineering literacy. You love working with engineers and solving complex technical problems.
- Stakeholder Management. You build trust with your teams and know when to bring the right people together to achieve common goals.
- Experience conducting user research and usability testing. You're skilled in turning the outcomes into data to drive your design solutions.
- Interaction Design Experience. You're able to use the appropriate prototyping tools to demonstrate how a particular flow or interaction will work
- Growth Mindset. You're eager to learn and develop your skills whilst having fun along the way!
About the group you'll be joining:
The Growth Supergroup is Canva’s centre of excellence for product-led growth. Our work spans:
- Building exciting new growth-focused products and experiences
- Developing unique and creative growth loops and GTM tactics
- Launching 100s of experiments each quarter
- Building global payments & subscriptions infrastructure that allows our 100M+ monthly users worldwide to access our premium products
- Scaling sales and activation motions to seamlessly onboard businesses to allow teams of any size to start collaborating
- Revenue Platform Group is one of six Groups within Growth and we play a critical enablement role for our customers and our business model. We own the roadmap to empower anyone, anywhere to experience the full value of Canva. Be it through subscription management, seamless checkout journeys or localised payment experiences. We do everything from building out complex new payment integrations to enabling other Canva groups to achieve their goals and monetise their features.
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
- Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
- Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
- An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
- Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.
Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.