Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
About the team
Canva would not exist without content. Our templates, photos, fonts, stock media and even AI, play a critical and pivotal role in empowering our users to design anything and publish anywhere. Content has far reaching business impact and is a key driver of user acquisition, retention and revenue
The content strategy team’s mission is to build the most valuable & engaging content library in the world. We work collaboratively across the content & discovery group and other key partners, to identify & implement opportunities to drive user engagement through content.
About the role
As a Lead in the Content Strategy & Experience group you will play a key role in building the future content experience at Canva. You will be responsible for using data, insights & strategy to build a clear vision & strategy for addressing the biggest questions & opportunities across the content & discovery team. We’ll rely on you to conduct quantitative and qualitative analyses to inform strategic discussions and guide decision-making & implementation.
This is a relatively new group at Canva - so you will play a key role in building out the strategic approach, process & growth in this group in partnership with the leadership team.
What you’ll do
- Use strategic recommendations to shape the future of the content experience on Canva
- Identify our biggest growth opportunities and work with partners to translate recommendations into execution
- Scope, analyse, and develop solutions for key strategic questions & business opportunities in partnership with content, data, & other key partners
- Break down complex and ambiguous questions with a mix of analytical rigour, customer insight, and input from internal and external experts
- Work on cross-group and cross-functional projects and building strong relationships with key stakeholders across Canva
- Support the broader C&D group to democratise strategic thinking and support groups in the goal setting / monitoring process
- Act as a go-to for a team of strategy & data experts and support the team with their professional growth
What we’re looking for
- Proven experience in management consulting or strategy-driven teams at a high growth startup / tech company
- Strong business acumen with problem-solving creativity and commercial judgement
- Proven track record of identifying and driving significant strategic change in a fast paced environment
- You’re pro-active, and own and drive pieces of work from start to finish. You identify the opportunities where you can make the largest impact, and you see it through
- Experience in analysing large volumes of data, building models, and formulating strategic frameworks is great. Experience with strategy implementation or operations is considered a plus
- Expertise in developing a clear compelling story & strategic recommendation
- Experience and confidence influencing and building relationships
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
- Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
- Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
- An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
- Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.