The SEO group keeps growing globally. Keyword researchers, Tech SEO specialists, SEO content specialists, Copywriters, Engineers, Data analysts, Designers, Operations specialists – we’ve got it all covered, and in many regions of the world.
As a SEO country lead for France, you’ll build our France-specific SEO strategy from scratch, you’ll hire and lead a team of SEO specialists to help us achieve our ambitious growth targets. You'll be part of the exceptionally friendly and supportive SEO Group. We're looking for someone based in the UK who is native French/has a strong understanding of the French market and trends.
You’ll thrive and adapt in a hyper-growth environment, and be confident in making decisions and tradeoffs backed by data and experience. You have a curiosity for problem-solving, identifying new opportunities and continuous process improvements.
Supported by a broad team of global experts, you will be responsible for leading all aspects of SEO (technical/content/link building) across France-specific pages on canva.com. You'll have access to a range of the best enterprise-level third-party tools, as well as several platforms and products we have built in-house that help us to world-class SEO.
A large part of this will involve leading the localisation of new pages in the English section of the site and ensuring they are well-optimised for their target keywords. You will also be expected to maintain a high standard of 'technical hygiene' across your locale, as well as provide guidance to the France-specific link builder around the most important pages to build links to, and what strategies are likely to be successful.
- You’ll drives the development and implementation of SEO Strategy of Canva in France.
- You’ll build and lead a team of seasoned SEO experts (and specialties included)
- You identify and prioritise projects based on alignment with international SEO goals
- You'll become an expert in the search landscape for relevant niches within the France-specific market (photo editor, video editor, print, whiteboards, and more) and develop a good all-around knowledge of competitors and areas of opportunity.
- You'll build your backlog of tasks to complete each season/cycle, considering opportunities to localise new English pages, optimise existing France-specific pages, and launch France-specific 'bespoke' pages, and prioritising the work based on expected impact and effort
- You'll work with content specialists and the localisation team to produce or translate the required content for the pages, then build and launch the pages in the Canva CMS
- You'll guide outreach specialists to define the target pages for link-building campaigns, and support them to find new tactics and improve existing tactics
- You'll use our third-party tools to monitor the site for technical hygiene (broken links, redirect chains etc), and make fixes as required
- You'll report on wins and opportunities for improvement within France
- You’ll support the growth of your local team when relevant, hiring SEO specialists in your market as required
- Proficiency/Native French with business-level English.
- Someone who can demonstrate successful outcomes from previous SEO projects on large websites (500 pages or more) that they have led.
- Someone with a good understanding of each of the three 'pillars' of SEO: content, technical and link building, and how they work together
- Someone who can build a vision for delivering exceptionally high growth in France and work independently to execute the necessary tasks to achieve that vision, solving their own problems where possible along the way
- We're a large team that relies on tried-and-tested processes to execute tasks quickly and efficiently. As such, this role will suit an SEO specialist with high attention to detail and the ability to closely follow detailed written instructions.
- You have excellent analytical skills and are comfortable using data to guide your decision making
- Hands-on experience with SEO and web analytic tools such as Google Analytics, Mode, Looker, Search Console, SEMRush, Ahrefs, Dragon Metrics, Screaming frog and Deepcrawl
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
At Canva, we create tools that empower the world to design. Our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform! Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since its launch in August 2013, Canva has grown exponentially. We are one of the world’s fastest growing startups and the journey has only just begun. We take great pride in designing a product and an encompassing experience that users really love.